Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: I hope she will help a child with cancer

Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....
    OMG!!!! She is my favorite so far.......I have a grin from ear to ear, she is awesome :-) :-)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2
    OMG!!!! She is my favorite so far.......I have a grin from ear to ear, she is awesome :-) :-)
    Told my hubby what you said and he said "Me too ....!, but everyone gets prettier and prettier." If it weren't for the donations of you and some others, I would not be able to make these dolls so pretty. I have all this wonderful stuff to pick from. I liked this doll a lot myself. I even laid in bed thinking about bringing this particular one 'to life' with this material and the little roses, etc. Isn't that wierd. giggling at my silly self.

What part did you like the most about the doll? Just curious.

Blog Entries
    I went ahead and made 1 of the 2 dresses for another doll. This doll has the darker skin and fabric has brown squares and rectanglular boxes wirh scrolls and stuff inside the shapes. Real pretty fabric. I put a lot of trim on to brighten it up. I like the way she came out. Now have to make a nightgown tomorrow and I'll have two dolls to take to the ACS. Maybe I will make one or two more before I deliver the dolls, then take a few days off, before I sew and stuff more dolls and cut out more dresses. Just have to see how things go. After two more girl dolls get done later, I want to work on on a couple boy dolls. Will definitely post the newer doll when she is finished and hope all like her as well as the other one. I have meant to say to all of you, that if you know a little girl or boy with cancer, let me know, and I'll do my best to get a doll to them, if they could use one. Just because I turn them in to the local ACS, doesn't mean every one has to be taken there. If you know a little girl (or boy) sick with cancer, let me know and a doll will find its way to them. I can't keep up financially, or making them on my own, with large demand, but one now and than one can be made possible for a child outside my area.

Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....
    Vickey,
    I am not sure there was any one thing about the doll but the overall look of her. The green is beautiful especially the green ribbon with the lace around it. And the apron is amazing. the night gown looks wonderful with the little flowers and ribbon.
    Am anxiously awaiting pictures of the next one.

Blog Entries
    Oh, Vickey!!! I love the dolls and am happy to see some of my stash in them. My DGD is coming tonight for a sleepover so I will show her the dolls. She helped pick out the roses, ribbon, etc. Bless you for doing these. :lol: :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grann of 6
    Oh, Vickey!!! I love the dolls and am happy to see some of my stash in them. My DGD is coming tonight for a sleepover so I will show her the dolls. She helped pick out the roses, ribbon, etc. Bless you for doing these. :lol: :thumbup:
    You will be seeing either fabric or trim from your stash, as more and more dolls are made. It is such a joy to have this available to me so the dolls come out as nice as they do. I couldn't do it without the help that has stepped forward to encourage me to continue.

Because of you and others like you, I only have the labor part of the dolls, and it makes a big difference.

Hugs to you and yours and that sweet DGD.

Vickey Stamps

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2
    Vickey,
    I am not sure there was any one thing about the doll but the overall look of her. The green is beautiful especially the green ribbon with the lace around it. And the apron is amazing. the night gown looks wonderful with the little flowers and ribbon.
    Am anxiously awaiting pictures of the next one.
    I sure enjoy your comments on my dolls for these children. I hope to have the darker skinned doll done tonight so may post a picture then or in the morning tomorrow.

Thanks so much for your help. Hugs

Your friend,

Vickey Stamps

I'm sure it will it is one huggable little baby

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reach for the stars 2
    I'm sure it will it is one huggable little baby
    Thanks. I hope you will enjoy the next one I post as well. I appreciate your taking time to reply.

God bless you and yours.

Vickey Stamps

Blog Entries
    OKAY DOKIE...The second doll and one with darker skin is done. I hope you like it.

As I said before, and according to the lady who distributes the dolls, it doesn't matter on skin color to the children, but I will try to change around skin colors as much as I can to please those to whom it does.

Again, I hope you enjoy the doll. They are as different as night and day and I like each one having its own personality. I wonder what its owner will name it? (Smiling)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    GIGGLING and thinking I look tired. Maybe I need to prop up my feet and read a good book.

Hugs to you all and hope you are looking forward to a wonderful week-end.

Vickey Stamps

Blog Entries
    GIGGLING and thinking I look tired. Maybe I need to prop up my feet and read a good book.

Hugs to you all and hope you are looking forward to a wonderful week-end.

Vickey Stamps

Hi Vicky, I'm so sorry i am so late in mailing the package to you. I have been ill and so has my husband. I put the fabric in the mail to you today. again I didn't forget just got to much going. All is well now.
    Marghar50

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marghar50
    Hi Vicky, I'm so sorry i am so late in mailing the package to you. I have been ill and so has my husband. I put the fabric in the mail to you today. again I didn't forget just got to much going. All is well now.
    Marghar50
    The important issue here is your health, and that of your sweetheart. My goodness, but I am sorry to hear that. It is far from good to feel bad like that. I am glad you are feeling better now. I hope you are enjoying seeing the dolls' come to life' for these children.

Thanks so much for letting me know, and most of all for being so willing to help. I appreciate any thing you are able to do to help me, help the little ones with cancer. It is wonderful that with the help you and others have offered, it is labor only and not needing to buy the fabric, etc, these recent days. It is so great to just need to put the dolls together, and get these dolls to the ACS or directly to a child in need, when I find out about one.

With all the wonderful things I have to choose from, I have the opportunity, because of folks like you, to brighten up a childs life, that needs all the good that can be poured into it. Thanks so much. I will look forward to the package when it arrives.

Vickey Stamps

Blog Entries
    Another doll has come to live. It is almost midnight here in California, so sometime tomorrow morning, will ask Hubby to take a picture of her. Her skirt is white with green Polka dots. I hope you guys will enjoy her. Her nightgown is more colorful then some I make.

Mostly I hope a little girl will love her

Vickey Stamps

Blog Entries
    Here the latest doll is, having a moment with her 'sister dolls' on the couch. One day they'll each lay in the arms of a child. I didn't show the nightgown this time. She is the 3rd on to your right

Blog Entries
    Here is the last one (to your far right) (and didn't show the nightgown which features dark pink bows and pink lace on it) for now, visiting with her 3 sisters. I call the picture the 4 sisters. The last one has 3 inch lace in 5 layers over the fabric, and pretty (while thin) ribbon to accent the color of the flowers on the top.

They are ready to find a new home with a sweet little girl.

I hope you will enjoy seeing them.

Blog Entries
    They're just precious, Vickey. Some little girls will be thrilled to have them close to confide in.

God Bless you !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grann of 6
    They're just precious, Vickey. Some little girls will be thrilled to have them close to confide in.
    Thanks. I have 15 bodies cut out that I have to sew and stuff then I will have to make 15 dresses plus 15 nightgowns and 30 bonnets for them. It is time consuming, but worth all that effort, even though it takes about 12 hours per doll..

In the total time I have worked on these (earlier ones were smaller) I have made 20 dolls. I plan to keep going on the dolls just as long as I can.

Thanks for the reply. Hugs to you and yours and thanks for your own efforts to help me and the dolls 4 kids with cancer.

Vickey

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ejpkam
    God Bless you !
    Thanks for taking time to come here and see the dolls.

If there is a child out there in need of a doll, please contact me, and if there is a way for me to get a doll out to them, I will. I have a donation of petty cash to pay P&H with, that might last a short time.

God bless you and yours as well.

Blog Entries
    A lady sent me an email 2 days ago. She knew I made dolls for kids with cancer, and wanted to know if she could buy a doll for her grandson (boy doll). She explained that the little guy (not yet 18 months old) has infantile seizures and having a rough time in life. As I understand it, children like this ofter go on to have regular seizures after age 5 or so, and many are developmentally disabled as well. She told me her grandsons development at this point is 6 month. I asked myself, how could I not get a doll to her for such a child as this, hoping the little guy (Alex) can somehow connect in time to this doll. I have dressed it in old flannel material (very soft and very old) and used soft denim look cloth for soft overalls. It has 3 pockets. One on the bib and 2 on the left side of the overalls. I didn't think anyone would mind this not going to a child with cancer as most of them will be doing. The only exception would be something like this, or a child who is chronically and serious otherwise ill. Most all the dolls will be for a little one with cancer. I hope you like seeing these.

Vickey Stamps

Blog Entries
    two more views. I hope you have enjoyed them.

Hugs to all

Vickey Stamps

You are a very special person! The dolls are beautiful. They will bring comfort to the children

Blog Entries
    Vickey, he is just precious :!: :-D :lol: You are so generous with your time and love. He will bond with it, I am sure.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast