I'm learning

Old 08-18-2011, 11:15 AM
Power Poster

Great job...........Very pretty...
Old 08-18-2011, 11:16 AM
MTS
Banned

Originally Posted by LoisN
I just texted their mom and she said they did receive them and were amazed. She is mailing their thank you notes today. Guess I need to start eating my crow!!! Thanks for letting me spout off here and for the advice to contact them. You guys are great.
I'm glad they appreciated the gift.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:19 AM

So sorry this had to happen to you - I know the feeling when something is homemade and you would like for someone to appreciate all your time and efforts - but you must realize that people do what they KNOW:
apparently they were not taught to be Thankful - I read somewhere on this site: What I make with my hands - I give with my heart::: Your gifts r beautiful and be happy for a wonderful heart:
Old 08-18-2011, 11:27 AM

Those quilts are awesome and someday they will look back and see that they should have appreciated them more.
Just wait until they wrap up in one on a cold wintery night.
They will be thanking you then, and thinking how wonderful you are.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:29 AM

They are gorgeous! It is really a shame that some people don't even acknowledge gifts. I have some in my family too and am tempted to just stop sending gifts, but that would bother me more.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:35 AM

Wow! Those ornaments are gorgeous! And the quilts are beautiful, too. "You live what you learn." If their mother doesn't know enough to send a thank-you, the kids have never learned it, either. I'd call them and ask if they received them. There's no excuse for poor manners.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:45 AM
KLO

We keep hearing this story over and over again. I think from now on if I make a quilt/gift for someone and they don't acknowledge it within a reasonable time frame, I would not make them anything again. That seems to be the only way to find out if it is worth the time, energy, and money for a particular person. Make only for those who appreciate the effort and send, in some form or other, a thank you for the gift. Just purchase a gift for the others. Why do we punish ourselves this way? Your quilts are wonderful and the ornaments are fantastic!!! PS: As others said, apparently the parent does not send a thank you for gifts received so guess the kids were never taught. I don't care how old you are, manners matter!!!
Old 08-18-2011, 12:08 PM

I have found out that the young people in today's world do not want any gift other than money. Some adults are the same way. I was even told that by one adult that I know. So, now not gifts are given at all. Unless it is cash, and more of that the better, they don't want anything. They want the cash to buy what they want and not what you want to send them. It is a sad and thankless world we live in.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:09 PM

The gifts are beautiful. I would email the kids and say you are cking to see if the quilts arrive. Ask if they liked them and then tell them, if they don't like them, to please send them back. Then you can send them to me hehehehe. I have some grandkids that never acknowledge my gifts to them, some email and some call me, none of them send thank you notes.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:13 PM

love your ornaments! Mind if I ask where you found the pattern? My quilting friends always ask for new ideas and this is a winner in my book! Great job! Sorry about the lack of response from family.