Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I'm learning >

I'm learning

I'm learning

Old 08-18-2011, 12:20 PM

crap... I'd do the innocent phone call - just want to make sure you got them! Maybe they really love them and their mom didn't teach them to do the thank you thing.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:22 PM

you are not being unrealistic. your work is unique and beautiful.

what is sad is that hardly anybody says thank you any more.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:25 PM

A phone call would have been nice, of course, but I find people are just lacking in manners. We have discussed this here many times over. Some non-quilters just have no idea of the work that goes into one of our creations and the recipient's appreciation is just not given. Know that when these two 'kids' grow up a little and realize (hopefully) what you've given them, they will show you their appreciation. In the meantime, shop at the Dollar Store for their Christmas Presents!! (of course, I'm Joking!!) Keep smiling, never stop quilting!! You are very talented!!
Old 08-18-2011, 01:08 PM

The young people just don't write notes or even call. Several years ago we were invited to bridle shower and a wedding of which we did not go because of distance, but sent gifts. We didn't even know them, alto it was a great nephew. At Christmas I sent a card and asked if they had received their gifts. She wrote back and said they don't do that stuff anymore. She is a teacher. A DGD was here visiting last week, we helped pay for a lap top for her to go to school. We told her to call when it is received at her house this week. She never called to say she received it. Her Pap called several days later, talked to the brother, she received it. Was told to have her call, she didn't. Finally today she did. Now her mother was after her to call. I don't know about these kids today.
Sorry to be so wordy.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:24 PM

Those are beautiful quilts. I can't imagine why your Niece and Nephew and your sister in law Do not respond... Some people just are not quilt worthy, We all have dealt with people like that, I don't think I would send them anything. maybe a lump of coal for Christmas. Don't let that upset you, just brush it off and make quilts for people who will appreciate all that you do. (((HUGS))))
Old 08-18-2011, 01:34 PM

Wow, can I relate to this?!? I have a niece and nephew who have never acknowledged a single gift given to them, handmade or otherwise. It is frustrating, and I cut way back on the amount of money and time I put into anything for them. Saying, "thank you" just seems to be a thing of the past.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:53 PM

Well, if it had been me that someone sent these to, I would have definately called and said thank you many times because they are both so pretty. Some people just don't appreciate the things people do. But please don't let it get you down because you did a wonderful job. Keep doing what you love and hold your head up high. Most of all....have lots and lots of fun.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:55 PM

All are beautiful its a real shame people can't use manners and at least sat they recieved them. I agree store bought or a gift card
Old 08-18-2011, 01:56 PM

Sorry forgot to ask where did you find the dove pattern directions? I would love to make them for Hospice
Old 08-18-2011, 02:01 PM

I call to thank my grandma for every card she sends us. No gift required, just to say I love her and thanks for thinking if us. Some people have no manners :(. You made lovely gifts.