Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I'm learning >

I'm learning

I'm learning

Old 08-17-2011, 08:00 AM

I know how you feel. I recently made 2 baby quilts, but wasn't there when they were opened. I heard thru the family they were well received, but have not received a thank you.

I love the quilts, especially the purple one!
Old 08-17-2011, 08:24 AM

I completely understand your hurt feelings. I have sent out 2 baby quilts myself and if it werent' for the tracking and picture I saw on FB I would still be wondering if they were recieved.

I think your quilts and ornaments are fantastic!!
Old 08-17-2011, 08:26 AM

I'm afraid the "art" of being polite and appreciative has been nearly lost to the younger generations, but whose fault is that?I say it is usually the parents who never taught them . Try not to let your feelings be hurt and I agree that I would not bother with handmade gifts , if any, from now on.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Dingle
Wow, those quilts are beautiful! You should be very proud. I have 2 nephews and 1 niece I have given things to and only ever hear from 1 nephew. My niece wanted a bag made out of skulls this past June. Made it, sent it to her and have heard nothing yet. I don't expect to either. I know it's hard to not get a TY or something, but they say it's the thought that counts.

BTW- What pattern did you use?
The quilts are a turning twenty variation.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:47 AM
Banned

I'm so sorry this happened and I understand your pain and frustration. Your work is excellent. Shame on the kids and especially the parents for not acknowledging these beautiful quilts. I think that you are right --- gifts from Walmart would be more fitting for them from this point.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:47 AM
Banned

Double post. My apologies.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:50 AM

I agree that you need to contact them... just say, I sent some packages and they appear to be delivered, did you get them?
Old 08-17-2011, 08:51 AM

Wow, your work is beautiful! I'm sorry for your hurt feelings.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:53 AM

My feelings would be hurt too, I made a baby quilt for a girl at church who and she never used it. She told me thank you but it was never used and that hurt my feelings. Not everyone appreciates the gift of a handmade item, some people think of them a cheap or not quality.

No one knows the amount of hours and time put into gifts like quilts.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:56 AM
tms

A gift is just that... a gift. It should be freely given, with no strings attached, or you are setting yourself up for disappointment. The value of the gift, and handmade, or not, should not matter. You either want to give a gift and expect nothing in return, or you are expecting "payment" for the present even if it is as small as acknowledgement. Then when you are not acknowledged, thanked, praised or offered money, your feelings are hurt. I understand this. I have been there. However, the fault is mine and/or yours, for expecting "payment". You either want to give something and truely expect nothing in return, thus a "gift" or you should make your expectations clear and express your hurt feelings, or forgive and forget it. You are only hurting you by being upset about it or looking for "reward or payment" in round-about ways.
Sorry for writing a book. Hope this helps everyone. God bless us all!!!
Lots of love, Teresa