Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I'm learning >

I'm learning

I'm learning

Old 08-17-2011, 07:13 AM

That is so sad. Yes, I would definitely call and make sure they arrived. But, since your gifts don't get acknowledged, I am of the mindset that you should no longer send gifts of any sort. If gifts aren't even acknowledged whether made or bought apparently they aren't appreciated.

Bye the way I LOVE the quilts, they are beautiful.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn
It is a shame that nobody sends thank you notes anymore? or even a thank you email. Manners are a thing of the past I guess. . .
I was thinking the same thing. If the mother doesn't acknowledge a gift with a simple thank you, I'm sure she never taught her children that basic manner.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:23 AM
Power Poster

if more time goes by without their contacting you, send them an email or text or note in the mail stating you are a bit worried since those handmade qlts cost you so much to make and send. hint, hint.
then forget it and buy any future gifts as you said.
((()))
Old 08-17-2011, 07:26 AM
Power Poster

You should definitely call or email and make sure they received the gifts, because sometimes packages are delivered to the wrong door. Let's hope that handwritten thank you notes from the niece and nephew are currently in the mail and will be delivered to your mailbox today.

It doesn't matter whether it's a handmade quilt (a HUGE gift) or a check for $5, all gifts should be acknowledged and the giver thanked, yet some teenagers (and many adults too) never learned to do this.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:35 AM

Wow, those quilts are beautiful! You should be very proud. I have 2 nephews and 1 niece I have given things to and only ever hear from 1 nephew. My niece wanted a bag made out of skulls this past June. Made it, sent it to her and have heard nothing yet. I don't expect to either. I know it's hard to not get a TY or something, but they say it's the thought that counts.

BTW- What pattern did you use?
Old 08-17-2011, 07:37 AM

I'm so sorry you have to be upset & concerned about your gifts being received. It's such a shame that appreciation takes a back seat to indifference. Your quilts are gorgeous and maybe someday those kids will realize how generous a person you are.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:37 AM

Your work is beautiful. Anyone should be thrilled to get such lovely gift's. I would call them and ask if it got there,that you had so much money and time in it you were afraid it was lost. Then they might have the curtsy to let you here from them.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:46 AM

They are lovely quilts, but give them a little more time, most people are very busy and it has been a short time. They probably love their gifts and will surely call, maybe they sent a note and it hasn't arrived to you yet. I sure hope so
Old 08-17-2011, 07:51 AM

Your work is beautiful! If their mother has never acknowledged the ornaments you sent, then it's likely she has never taught her children to acknowledge gifts. Unfortunately, many people don't understand the work and love that goes into a quilt (as well as the gorgeous ornaments you made). I take much joy in every quilt I make, but I've learned that while some people that see them are amazed by them, others don't get it at all. If they're not creative people themselves - they just don't understand.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:53 AM

Funny thing, I made quilts for all of my grandchildren. My daughters' children called me right away and let me know they received them and thanked me, but my Son's children never said a word. I thought it was rude and ungrateful of them and told my Son so. Some people just don't know or care how much work and love is in each quilt we do. Your quilts and ornaments are beautiful and we all appreciated how much you put into each one of them.