Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
IRR II Group 4 Pictures...."Quilters Around the World" >

IRR II Group 4 Pictures...."Quilters Around the World"

IRR II Group 4 Pictures...."Quilters Around the World"

Old 10-18-2009, 05:33 AM
Power Poster

Oh...and I forgot to mention..discussing of what we are going to do is just fine! These are more "collaborative quilts" than surprize quilts. In the last one...if you were quilt blocked so to speak...sometimes we would email back and forth, sometimes audition ideas on the thread. It seems that the idea time frame gets discussion...then as the idea formulates and gets finalized...the person just runs with it and then posts a pic of what they end up doing....make sense? And...there aren't really any "rules" about it...so we can do whatever we want to :wink:
Old 10-18-2009, 07:39 AM

What a relief. i saw some of the quits, and it appears that there is usually, aside from the center, only room for one or two "spectacualar" borders...the rest have their place, and are needed to stay calm and simple, but I know for my own sake, I want to do right by the quilt. My ego would rather put on the "amazing" border, but when it's not right, it's just not right!! Thanks for the insight Patti and Gai...very helpful.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
What a relief. i saw some of the quits, and it appears that there is usually, aside from the center, only room for one or two "spectacualar" borders...the rest have their place, and are needed to stay calm and simple, but I know for my own sake, I want to do right by the quilt. My ego would rather put on the "amazing" border, but when it's not right, it's just not right!! Thanks for the insight Patti and Gai...very helpful.

Trust me, Esq, you WILL get the chance to put on the "amazing" border!!! :P :P :P
Old 10-18-2009, 04:13 PM
Power Poster

Everyone will know exactly what to do at the exact right time :lol:
Old 10-19-2009, 06:01 AM

Well, I got about 1/2 of it done last night and I think it looks pretty good, IMHO!!! I will probably be able to comlete it in the next few days. I spent a good hour on Saturday at my LQS, with my daughter getting very impatient at the end. But, found fabrics that blend nicely with the pinks and greens in the center. The green surrounding the basked is an unusual shade and lots of fabrics, when placed against it, failed miserably. I found one that was a nice fit, so went with that...It's up on the wall, I'm tempted to take a photo, but think I'll wait until it's done. Are we going to post photos along the way, or will it be a secret suprise for the owner of the top?
Old 10-19-2009, 06:17 AM
Power Poster

Oh post...post...you know we can't wait! of course I'm meaning when you have finished with your border..... :lol:
Old 10-19-2009, 06:22 AM

Hey Gai, did you wash your fabrics first? Do you want me to wash the fabric I'm using before I sew it on?

I'm also wondering...do you want to be surprised, or can I talk to you about my thoughts. I'm really afraid of ruining your quilt by making it too busy. I chose some fabrics and thought about doing a very simple border so as to give more definition between this layer and the next. But, it's not going to be anything "fabulous" from me, but I think it will help keep the special center to stand out...do you know what I'm saying? I can post photos of what I'm planning, and you can say "ya" or "na", or I can just do what I'm doing and ... well, you know what I'm saying. I've never done a RR before, so I'm wanting to do the right thing...
Patti mentioned "collaborative" quilting on this quilt and she is right - when she was adding the border to my center last time, we "spoke" a few times about how to do the design of it and what I would like to see. She had ideas, I had ideas, and they came together perfectly - at least that's what the pictures tell me, I am waiting as we speak for the mailman (yes, he's a guy) to bring my quilt to me from Europa!
Old 10-19-2009, 06:02 PM

Gai - got your center's 1st border done today!!! Do you wanna peak??
Old 10-19-2009, 06:12 PM
Power Poster

Hey, what about us, I want to see it!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-19-2009, 06:14 PM
Banned

Gai - got your center's 1st border done today!!! Do you wanna peak??

Do wild bears......?!!!!