Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
just picked two quilts up from the quilters and bought a few things >

just picked two quilts up from the quilters and bought a few things

just picked two quilts up from the quilters and bought a few things

Old 06-15-2008, 08:53 PM

Yummy fabrics and beautiful quilts!
Old 06-16-2008, 02:52 AM

Grandma Cindy--I finally discovered a way to wash fabric with no tangles. I set the machine on delicate, BUT, once the water fills I let it agitate twice around--about 5 seconds, then stop the machine and reach in and agitate it myself. Then I move the dial to rinse and let it spin....once it fills, I agitate it myself again. Then I set it on spin in a regular cycle so it gets more water out.

This is the best way for me.

I did buy a zigzag (the correct term escapes me :roll: )rotary blade to try--I've heard using that on the open edges before washing works wonderfully.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:17 AM

Your quilts are beautiful and I love the quilting too. Your quilter accentuated already gorgeous quilts with her work. Sounds like you are going to have a fun summer :-)
Old 06-16-2008, 06:32 AM

Miss Karla - Thank you for the tip, I will certainly try it on the next 10 fats of whatever color July might be. Today I need to post them...
Old 06-19-2008, 03:59 AM

Hi Karla ~ Gotta love that sunflower quilt!!! It is what I'd call a "Happy Quilt". Since you are from the Fingerlakes area of NY and I'm from the Syracuse area, do you suppose I could still get my hands on that wonderful sunflower fabric? Where abouts did you purchase it? Or, maybe I could search online. And what is the name of the pattern you used on the sunflower quilt? It definitely looks like one I could tackle myself. The machine quilting is very nice, BTW. Great job. I totally agree with your way of thinking that fabric buying & quilting is good therapy ...... works for me.
Nita
Old 06-19-2008, 06:17 AM

Hi Nita. I sold the quilt this week! I saw that sunflower fabric and bought it on the spot. I've had it for years--no idea where I got it. Sorry! I will look to see who made it--maybe that will help! But I can send you the pattern! I'm at work now, but when I get home I'll try scanning it to you. Is your email listed under your profile? If not, send it to me and I'll do my best. If it doesn't work, I'll snail mail it to you. It's the easiest patern I've ever done. :wink:
Old 06-19-2008, 02:12 PM

nita--the fabric says "Abbena Hristova Screen Print D#4387" but I couldn't find anything close to the fabric when I did a search.

There is a good possibility I found it at Joann's--but they never seem to get the same thing twice. I found another sunflower there I LOVE--I used it for the back of a fall color quilt...

I did find this pretty one in my search: http://www.virginiaquilter.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/online-store/scstore/p-MM6178.html?E+scstore

Sorry I couldn't be more help. I'll try the scan tonight....