Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Larry's Puzzle

Very nice, good job!

a great creation

WOW, awesome quilt. You might be impressed by the impact you have had here at my daughter's home where I am visiting. My son, 43 is also visiting along with my grandson, 13. My grandson 16 and granddaughter 9 live here. So l laugh out loud and tell them even after reading the Theorm twice, I still have no idea what it means and immediately the demonstration ensues. The boxes are assembled and the marker creates 3 sizes of triangles. All gathered about and the theorm turns into algebra (my worst nightmare, too). LOL. So the lesson is done and we all know how to do the math now.
    So I ask, but how does that teach me how to cut my striped fabric to make that kind of quilt? Everyone looks blankly around and the answer is, we don't know. LOLOL
    Oh, and I forgot to mention my daughter is a teacher and she is 36.

I would love to know how to cut those fabrics tho, as I have tons of striped fabrics just waiting to be used in something awesome like this.
    Last edited by wildyard; 10-21-2012 at 08:18 AM.
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Personally, I would get some striped paper and play with it till I figured it out, then laminate the paper with directions written on it to preserve it forever. Or I would put a picture of my fabric on this board, tell us how much you have and how large you want your blocks. Then I would ask for one of those people who understood this to tell me what to do next. LOL

Wow, I love this quilt and I love the back, It is great, love everything about it. Great job.
    Toodie

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hattie Frances View Post
    Show Off!! I didn't understand any of what you said. But that quilt is beautiful, love the back also.
    Hear Hear!!! Me too. If I ever have any questions like that I ask my "nerdy" DGS. One day this summer he was spending the day with me and I was putting together a bunch of blocks that had been donated by my QB friends. He took one look and said, "Do you wonder how many versions you can make just by moving the blocks around????" I just kinda groaned, because I knew he would be able to figure it out. Turned out, there were something like 25 hextillion ways to move those blocks. Then he proceeded to explain how he came to that number. (Wish there was a little face that could make a groaning sound).

what a neat quilt. But my son would give anything for a quilt that looks like the back of yours

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
    what a wonderful quilt! the Pythagorean Theorem states that the square of the hypotenuse [longest side of the right triangle] is equal to the sum of the squares of the other two sides. i often use that when i need to know how big to make my setting triangles.
    Ya - what she said!
    We are here to learn how to live in heaven - I'm still learning.

What a wonderful quilt and story! Please keep sharing your awesome quilts!!!

CharlotteO, that is a great idea about the striped paper. Now why didn't I think of that? I think now and then the dollar store has scrapbooking paper and I will start watching for some that is striped to play with. Hugs and smiles!
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

I am giggling at all the responses. I have a masters and have no idea what you are talking about! But it is okay because I have DSIL that does. He loves to figure things like this out for me.
    Jojos Nana, Carol

All I can say is WOW. Front and back are wonderful.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3