Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
The last, and I do mean last, fabric buying for months.  And the border decision for the floral LC. >

The last, and I do mean last, fabric buying for months. And the border decision for the floral LC.

The last, and I do mean last, fabric buying for months. And the border decision for the floral LC.

Old 08-01-2009, 05:45 AM

Oh my -- love all your new fabrics!!! And your border selection is just wonderful!!
Old 08-01-2009, 10:32 AM

My philosophy is: buying fabric makes us feel good, feeling good helps us make others feel good, making others feel good is what life is all about. Therefore, it is our RESPONSIBILITY to buy fabric whenever we darn feel like it.
Oh, I LOVE that philosophy. Consider me a follower. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Forget about prices. You love it, buy it. It's not like you're buying 10 yards a day or forgetting retirement and college plans. I know you are good with money, so treat yourself every now and then. Frugal is wonderful, but we can break away every now and then. Get right back on it though!
Thanks for the reminder. Yes, we are very good with money. My hobbies cost a bit--horses and quilting--and I was always hoping the quilting would pay for the horses. :roll: I worked extra summer hours in July on curriculum stuff so I'd have some spending money. My husband said "Why do you work in the summer? You don't have to!" I told him it'd be $500 for me to buy fabric I don't need without guilt, and the rest would help with shavings. :D :wink:
Old 08-01-2009, 11:07 AM

Nice fabrics. I really like what you have decided to do with the border.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:28 AM

Your border fabrics are PERFECT. They complement the LCs without fighting with them for prominence.

I love, love, love the black and white piano keys!

You picked out some GREAT fabrics. Now that they're in your stast, forget the $ signs.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:50 AM

Nice haul!!!! I love your choices for the logcabin borders. My Mom always used to say that green goes with everything! This way it is sort of like the leaves around all your flowers!