Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Look at my new (to me) Baby!! (FW) >

Look at my new (to me) Baby!! (FW)

Look at my new (to me) Baby!! (FW)

Old 02-24-2011, 08:53 AM

Congratulations! I'm sure you and Lina will make beautiful quilts together.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:22 AM

She's a beauty!
Old 02-24-2011, 11:17 AM

She is a beauty!! I'd love to have one like her myself!!
Old 02-24-2011, 11:22 AM

Beautiful!!! I was having the same problem with mine and
I discovered I was threading the needle the wrong way!!!
Try threading the eye from right to left!!! if it works than this is a surprise!!! but it did work for me....
I had mine in the shop here and I got it at an Estate sale for 60.00!!the local quilt shop here works on old singers and he said these are so worth it for sewing on multiple fabrics... r's is a beauty!!! let me kow if this works for you... :thumbup:
Old 02-24-2011, 02:29 PM

Glad you got her all cleaned up and ready to be the work horse that she is. I have two and use them all the time. I alternate so they won't get jealous.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:32 PM

That is a real beauty.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:28 PM

She's a real beauty! I hope to get one some day.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:33 PM

What a beauty!
Old 02-24-2011, 04:23 PM

This machine comes apart very easily. I have done mine many times. I do all the maintenance on it including adjusting the tension. The big scary one is that front one, but put out a paper towel or two, and then number each piece as it comes off and laid down on the towel. Using a lightly oiled soft cloth, clean each one and then wipe it with a clean non nap towel. once all are clean, put them back in reverse order. The book has excellent instructions on oiling your machine. Also good pictures. There is a big nut on the very bottom of your machine, that holds a protective cover on it. Take it off and dust under it real well. There is a big cog that has a heavy grease on it, and it should be sort of a clear amber color(yellowish). If this is real dark, then get some solvent like paint thinner. I just asked my hubby what it is called! wipe as much off and then use a paint brush to get as much of it off as possible, ask your hubby if he has any wheel bearing grease, and put the grease back on the cogs. you just need enough to cover the cogs but not hanging down. If you take the machine to a sewing machine place they will charge you $150 to do all this and if you do it step by step, you can do it yourself. Oh and you can get this grease at a sewing machine place and it will be $15 or so. I went down to Ace Hardware store and bought mine, a few years back for $3.89. I know I am looking at it. Had hubby dig it out and asked him what to clean it with and put on it, as I am not technically minded for these sort of names.
:lol: If you have any other questions PM me. I could probably talk you thru it all. Jan
Old 02-24-2011, 04:29 PM

Oh one of the things that can really mess you up is when you take the bobbin area apart and clean it, and then go to put it back, be sure that the little tabby is in an upright position when you go to put the plate back on. it gets trapped in between two spots so it stays in place. If this is free wheeling itself, take it off and put it back in the upright position. After all that she will purr even better. Good luck. :thumbup: Jan