Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Made this just because >

Made this just because

Made this just because

Old 09-21-2015, 03:53 AM

I've found that when I make a quilt 'just because' it doesn't stay in the house long. It has a purpose, but it just hasn't revealed itself to me yet. I recently had just such a quilt. Then, my cousin lost her oldest and youngest children in an auto accident. It very quickly became apparent to me that this quilt was the perfect memory quilt for them. I sent it, along with a permanent fabric marker with a letter instructing them to write memories of Josh and Caleb in the white squares. She sent back the most touching thank you note that their 16 year old daughter had taken it on as her project and was receiving comfort and healing from this quilt.

I'm so glad I made this quilt just because, I never would have been able to piece, quilt and ship a quilt to them in 6 days. Keep quilting, just because!
Old 09-21-2015, 05:43 AM

Almost all of my quilts are made just because i want to give the pattern a try. I give them away. First I fold them, give them a pat and put them away. Someone always comes to mind who really "needs" a quilt and I have one ready. I listen to that still small voice and I have never been lead astray.

Lovely work by the way. I like the simplicity of the pattern and and nice calm choice of colors.
Old 09-21-2015, 06:19 AM

When it comes to charities, please don't forget your local police and fire departments. They have always been thrilled to receive quilts.
Old 09-21-2015, 06:42 AM

Very cool, Lee. There's nothing wrong with making quilts for the simple joy of- - - making quilts. If you want to donate them, fine. Give them away, okay too. Keep them, great!

BTW - I didn't see any paisley in there - - - lol
Old 09-21-2015, 08:02 AM

I like this quilt, great stash buster. I make quilts for just because all the time, then when someone comes over and they love it I give it to them. I don't usually keep a quilt for very long.
Old 09-21-2015, 08:13 AM

Your quilt is lovely. I only make quilts "just because". Even when I make a quilt for a family member it is "just because" I love you and I love to make quilts. I never quilt anything because I have to. I'm one of 7 kids and I made lap quilts for my parents, all my siblings, and all their spouses and I made them "just because" I wanted to.
Old 09-21-2015, 08:41 AM

There is one very important person in your lap. save it for her hope chess.
memories are made this way.
Old 09-21-2015, 09:09 AM

I love this quilt! Don't know if you used scraps but it gives me a great idea for mine!

Good suggestions on what to do with your creations. Not to worry -- you will find lots of takers!
Old 09-21-2015, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by jclinganrey View Post
Very cool, Lee. There's nothing wrong with making quilts for the simple joy of- - - making quilts. If you want to donate them, fine. Give them away, okay too. Keep them, great!

BTW - I didn't see any paisley in there - - - lol
Lol. Your purple paisley is being used right now. I'll post a pic when finished!
Old 09-21-2015, 10:23 AM

very pretty. At first, I thought it was 9P.