Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My First Quilt >

My First Quilt

My First Quilt

Old 03-23-2011, 03:03 PM

you did a great job my hubby would of loved it
I had the same problem with SIL made her a quilt gave to her got a Thank You and Iv never seen it since have no idea what she did with it,,,
Old 03-23-2011, 03:22 PM

Don't quit quilting. Make me one and I'll sure let you know I appreciate it, lol.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:30 PM

Some people just can't respond with positive feedback. Don't let it get to you. Continue on with head held high. Very nice job.
snownannie
Old 03-23-2011, 03:32 PM

Absolutely fabulous quilt! You have done a great job on it. You will find so many joys with quilting and the responses you will get from others so don't let this one get you down. Keep on quilting. You look like you are doing a great job to me.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by shihtzulover
I sure hope that my parents like it. I had so much fun making it and was so excited that it turned out so nice. I just couldn't believe "that I actually made that myself".

I'm not giving up on quilting (though it was tempting). My youngest daughter wants a quilt (and it's in the process of me making it). She was there when I gave it to my parents and she even commented on that fact that they made no comment.

Live and learn.
When you are feeling a little more confident, you might talk to your parents and find out if in fact there is any problem relating to his service that would keep him from enjoying the quilt. If he was a Viet Nam era veteran, he may indeed have some bitter memories. If that is the case, perhaps you would all feel better if you donated your quilt to a wounded sailor, and made them something else.
This is just a thought, but rather than second guess why they showed no reaction, I think asking them if there is a problem would be a relief and clear the air for you.
Hugs and smiles and good luck whatever you decide to do.
And definitely keep on quilting, there are so many places and people that love getting our quilts, it's a very worthy hobby.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:06 PM

My father was in World War II and never wanted to "talk" about the war. Us children no very little of what he went through during that time in his life. He would not have wanted to be reminded. Having been a military wife, husband in many tours, including a 14 months in Korea, Desert Storm, and Afghanistan, I don't like to be reminded either. Our children do not know much of that time in our life. The quilt looks very nice. Don't be hurt by his reaction.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:07 PM

I think u did great. Im a navy wife and a quilter n I like it!! Don't quit.. its a good job!!
Old 03-23-2011, 04:37 PM

I think it is a really beautiful quilt, please don't be discouraged. Would never believe it's your first one!
Old 03-23-2011, 04:55 PM

Don't give up on quilting. They (dad or mom) aren't worth it. I'm sure they like it but don't know how to express themselves. The quilt is beautiful and what a great job on your first quilt. Keep on quilting and I keep most of my quilts because of the very same thing you are talking about. I love quilting and will keep on quilting.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:55 PM

That's fantastic!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: