Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My 'get well' gift from DH! >

My 'get well' gift from DH!

My 'get well' gift from DH!

Old 10-06-2010, 06:19 PM
Banned

dont you dare give that away. Your husband gave that to YOU.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by bgullett
What a lovely gesture! He must be a special man and you his very special lady. I would keep the panel, add some borders and hang it somewhere, anywhere in your home.
I wonder if I could make it match my living room, if I used just the right border treatment...My living room is colors of gold, OD green, rust, wheat, with rose and sage accents. AND raspberry carpeting. Amazingly enough, I found an area rug that ties it all together. When we bought the house, the carpet was already there, as was the avocado paint. (blech!) I already owned the Olive furniture. I did not think I could pull it off, but after three years, and lots of garage sales, It's not bad. Next year we are going to paint the walls a very pale sage. I can't wait! Thanks for the good advice about keeping it. I did not think of his response if I gave it away. Baaad Momma! We already know he likes it...
Old 10-06-2010, 07:10 PM

In the Pic it looks beautiful there on your Rasberry rug.. so I would keep it.. it matches.. and if it doesn't who cares, the gesture.. thoughfullness.. behind it.. who would appreciate it more? you.. its a wonderful panel.. my vote is to keep it.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:23 PM

You can't give it away! I would remove the orange edge and add another color and make it work in my home. It was a thoughtful gesture on his part. Sweet fellow.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:25 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
To heck with it not matching your house!!!! KEEP it -- frame it and put it in your sewing area!!!! What a wonderful thing for your husband to do! Also - glad you're feeling better!!! With the rain we're having over here, and imagine you're having, I'm surprised ANY of us are feeling good!!!
Ditto!
Old 10-06-2010, 07:27 PM

A Dh like that is sure special, I know cuz I have one.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:35 PM

You could always buy a can of paint and re-paint the room it will go in to go with the picture....although changing the border would be easier! Whatever you do, DON'T give it away!
Old 10-06-2010, 07:50 PM

I agree with the masses. Whatever you do you cannot give it away. If your DH doesn't know a thing about sewing, it took a lot for him to go an pick it out for you. I think changing the border to something that will blend with what you have it an excellent idea. You could hang it or quilt it for a small lap quilt to take to church or use when you are taking a sewing break watching TV or on the computer.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:54 AM

Definitely keep it, such a lovely thing for him to do.
Old 10-07-2010, 02:15 AM

After studying that panel for a while I'm thinking you could take the gold off and replace with a lovely sage and it would be a very good fit. If you know the color you're going to use on the walls, get a shade a few "dips" darker and put a solid border around it, then you can pull colors out of your room and the panel and piece rounds to put around it like they do for the "round robin" quilts.. it would make a lovely lap quilt. I'll bet it would please your husband soo much to know that he may not speak "sewing" fluently, but you understood him perfectly.