Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: My Mad Murder Spree - Killing Sunbonnet Sue

How many ways can you kill Sunbonnet Sue? This post is like the woman who shot her boyfriend, stabbed him 27 times and then slit his throat ear to ear. Guess she had the same sense of warped humor. I find this post very disturbing and equally disturbing are the people who think it is funny. I think it sends the wrong message to our children and future quilters!!! Quilting is suppose to be positive, not evil.
    GeeGee

love them keep up the good work

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GeeGee View Post
    How many ways can you kill Sunbonnet Sue?
    I don't know. Give me some more time to investigate.
    I think it sends the wrong message to our children and future quilters!!! Quilting is suppose to be positive, not evil.[/B]
    It is sending a message that quilting can be very artistic and it is very positive. Just look at how many people enjoy it. Obviously you don't. That's OK. If you don't get my humor that is OK too. Hey, can I help it that poor Sue keeps running into these scrapes? Nope, so don't shoot the messenger.
    Last edited by MadQuilter; 03-05-2013 at 04:52 PM.
    Martina
    Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric!

Quote Originally Posted by MadQuilter View Post
    I don't know. Give me some more time to investigate.

It is sending a message that quilting can be very artistic and it is very positive. Just look at how many people enjoy it. Obviously you don't. That's OK. If you don't get my humor that is OK too. Hey, can I help it that poor Sue keeps running into these scrapes? Nope, so don't shoot the messenger.
    Oh I see you parsed my comment and left out the part that said:This post is like the woman who shot her boyfriend, stabbed him 27 times and then slit his throat ear to ear. Guess she had the same sense of warped humor.
    GeeGee

You girls are just sick! LOL
    Life is Good!

Visit my blog, closed the website:

http://charlottescreationsanew.blogspot.com/

Oh ho ho! Those are gruesome but hilarious! Love all the details.

Blog Entries
    Oh I see you parsed my comment and left out the part that said:This post is like the woman who shot her boyfriend, stabbed him 27 times and then slit his throat ear to ear. Guess she had the same sense of warped humor.
    Yes, I edited. There is a HUGE difference between quilted/crafted pictures of an accident (or a crime) and a real life massacre. I think that most of the readers who enjoy this thread can tell the difference. If I take your logic to the next level, then I better not read any crime novels either, coz they are evil too. As for your cited example: I don't think it's funny in the least if anyone feels the need to do harm to another human being, let alone commit overkill. But in one thing you are 100% correct:, I do have a warped sense of humor. What's more, I really like my sense of humor.
    Martina

What a 'warped' imagination you have. I love those 'Sues'.

How many ways can you kill Sunbonnet Sue? This post is like the woman who shot her boyfriend, stabbed him 27 times and then slit his throat ear to ear. Guess she had the same sense of warped humor. I find this post very disturbing and equally disturbing are the people who think it is funny. I think it sends the wrong message to our children and future quilters!!! Quilting is suppose to be positive, not evil.
    That woman was and still is disturbed. I think one could not say she has a warped sense of humor.
    And I also think it is rather rude and crass of you to compare that vile person to Martina and her work.

Martina's work doesn't convey the wrong message to current and future quilters. She merely shows a creative and fun side. Life isn't about being serious all the time. It's about feeling new things and ideas. Experiencing different aspects of human nature. It is not like Martina or any other quilter who has killed of Ol' Sue is a bad person. They are unique and different and a refreshing change of pace here in this world.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

The blocks are devilishly delightful! My smile for the day.
    Patti
    __________________________________________________ ________________________
    Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place.
    ~Mark Twain

I love it. haha

OMG!!! I needed a good laugh. What a sense of humor you have. Thank you for sharing.
    "When you earnestly believe you can compensate for lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there's no end to what you can't do."

Love it, not at all worried what others may think of me as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Skratchie View Post
    Love it, not at all worried what others may think of me as a result.
    Wonderful comment!!
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Michigan state museum has the original quilt depicting the various stages of demise for Sue.
    http://www.museum.msu.edu/glqc/colle...01.158.01.html
    i encourage everyone to read the history.

I may not believe in what you say but I will defend you for saying it- Voltaire

Blog Entries
    I'd much rather let my aggressions out in a creative way than let them out on others. This project has helped me through a really dark phase in my life and I am glad that I came out in one piece at the other end. No worries, I have no desire to act out what I draw or embroider. I don't even remotely relate to the comparison to someone evil. Everyone has an opinion and I am glad that so many of you enjoy the blocks.

Besides....when I get right down to it: I am nowhere in these pictures. I am not wielding any implement of destruction and I don't push or pull her into peril. Me thinks that Sue has to carry some responsibility in where she goes and what she does. There are always consequences! For the rest - it's just dumb luck. lol
    Last edited by MadQuilter; 03-05-2013 at 06:52 PM.
    Martina

I just don't know what to say... Poor Sue. But I am impressed!
    Why do I keep trying to find the "like" button?

Viking Husqvarna 950 S; Bernina 1150 MDA

oh yes, what a sense of humor and love the clever literary/cinematic/theatrical connections...

Blog Entries
    Very funny. Love all your work.
    Nana of 1 E and 2 G's

Blog Entries
    For all of you who object, you must have at least a little morbid curiosity. Otherwise why would you read a thread titled My Mad Murder Spree - Killing Sunbonnet Sue?

Nanny's Dollface: Thank you for the perspective. I have been biting my tongue all day. I don't want to place undue emphasis on what are clever, fun, artful quilt blocks but they take a sugary young persons quilt and make it relate to the adult world. I have been at funerals where people told jokes. They were not minimizing the sorrow, they were reducing the tension. I appreciate the change of focus provided. I don't want to be deadly serious all the time.

Hate to admit it, but I love to hate Sue, yout blocks are awesome!!!
    Quilt outside of the box!

Blog Entries
    Oh! Martina, I love your madcap sense of humor. Wish I had thought of this. Thought of Sue as cute when I started quilting but no longer. Good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanny's dollface View Post
    Michigan state museum has the original quilt depicting the various stages of demise for Sue.
    http://www.museum.msu.edu/glqc/colle...01.158.01.html
    i encourage everyone to read the history.

I may not believe in what you say but I will defend you for saying it- Voltaire
    You beat me to posting the link to one of the originals.

Read the names of the quilters. I think some of you will be surprised ........
    If life gives you lemons, make Limoncello!

These made me laugh so hard. You are very creative !
    ~Dana~

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast