Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My purple Surf Song got a second place ribbon in our Quilt Show. >

My purple Surf Song got a second place ribbon in our Quilt Show.

My purple Surf Song got a second place ribbon in our Quilt Show.

Old 10-12-2014, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Dina View Post
Jeri, I don't have a blog, but you could learn the way I did. I bought Eileen Wright's book, Twist and Turn Bargello. There are about ten patterns in it, inculding the Surf Song....but at the back of the book is pattern to make place mats. The instructions there are designed for someone who has never made a Bargello and is just trying to wrap his/her mind around how to do it.

I made one, and it gave me the confidence to do the Surf Song next. Since then I have made 7 Bargellos, and I am playing around with an idea for another. If you read the instructions several times before you start, they start to make sense. Then just go for it. Basically you are cutting up strips, sewing them back together to make a new "fabric", and then cutting those up and sewing them together.

I made this place mat, my first Bargello, last November, and, I promise, if I can do it, you can. I have only been quilting 4 years...so I consider myself sort of an experienced beginner.

Okay, here's the picture. Hope some of this helps you decide to go for it!

Dina
TY Dina, I have saved this post for when I'm ready to try my hand at it. I love them so much I'm sure once I learn how I'll be making alot of them
Jeri
Old 10-13-2014, 05:10 AM

All of them are very pretty. I like the center one the best! (If I really had to choose)
Old 10-20-2014, 02:11 AM

Great job! Congratulations on ribbons you deserve them. Beautiful quilts.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:32 AM

I think you did great. They are beautiful!

I also made Surf Song and enjoyed doing it. I want to do it again...in different colors this time. Maybe golds, reds, browns, like fall.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by justflyingin View Post
I think you did great. They are beautiful!

I also made Surf Song and enjoyed doing it. I want to do it again...in different colors this time. Maybe golds, reds, browns, like fall.
Sounds pretty. I did a second Surf Song, in blue and yellow. It was okay, but I like this one better.

Dina
Old 10-20-2014, 04:40 AM

Well deserved ribbon!!! I enjoy seeing all your quilts, especially your bargellos!
Old 10-20-2014, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Dina View Post
Jeri, I don't have a blog, but you could learn the way I did. I bought Eileen Wright's book, Twist and Turn Bargello. There are about ten patterns in it, inculding the Surf Song....but at the back of the book is pattern to make place mats. The instructions there are designed for someone who has never made a Bargello and is just trying to wrap his/her mind around how to do it.

Jeri
I made one, and it gave me the confidence to do the Surf Song next. Since then I have made 7 Bargellos, and I am playing around with an idea for another. If you read the instructions several times before you start, they start to make sense. Then just go for it. Basically you are cutting up strips, sewing them back together to make a new "fabric", and then cutting those up and sewing them together.

I made this place mat, my first Bargello, last November, and, I promise, if I can do it, you can. I have only been quilting 4 years...so I consider myself sort of an experienced beginner.

Okay, here's the picture. Hope some of this helps you decide to go for it!

Dina
If that is just a placemat I do believe your right maybe I can do it, BTW its beautiful too! I'm going to go order that book from Amazon now and soon as I get a bit of time I'm going to make the leap. Thanks for the info.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:18 PM

Congrats! Good job!
Old 10-20-2014, 07:25 PM
Power Poster

Love your quilt, congrats.