Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My sears kenmore sewing machine >

My sears kenmore sewing machine

My sears kenmore sewing machine

Old 10-17-2009, 08:16 PM

I have this exact Sears Kenmore Machine that I asked for when I graduated high school back east, graduating in 1974. It was a present, that I had specifically asked for: a Sears Kenmore 158-17032. Great machine and still used to this day. In fact I use is daily to make hand sewn items to post on Ebay and Etsy.com. I have the original instruction booklet if you need a page or two copied and sent or faxed to you. I still have the original sales receipt stapled in the back of this instruction booklet, still in pretty good condition. from, Debbie in Phx, AZ
Old 10-17-2009, 09:22 PM

I have this same machine also, I purchased it new from Sears. I have everything that came with it, all of the cams are in boxes with a snap on them. The buttonhole maker is in an identical box. There are a total of four boxes with it. I have my instruction book also.If you need any information about it, just pm me. It was considered top of the line that year, the next year is when they brought out the free arm machine. My sister bought it, it is just like this model except for the free arm.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:17 AM

This might help.....
http://www.sewconsult.com/sewing_mac...ce_manuals.htm
Old 10-18-2009, 12:43 PM

Did you still want info on the cams from the Sears Kenmore 158-17032? The manual and the sewing machine are in pretty good condition as it becomes 36 years old in Nov from when the machine was purchased for me, in Nov 1973.

I can photocopy the pages on the cams. I was thinking to make full length Christmas stockings (17-18" long) and instead of purchasing several pkgs of seam binding tape or bias tape or extra rick-rack, I was going to run several Cam stitches across or down the quilted or felt stocking to avoid extra expenses. I have tons of thread and not tons of money. Then try sell them on Ebay for whatever I can.
If you give me your address or fax number I can get these pages to you. The manual for the machine was always kept flat and is in excellent condition.

from, Debbie, Phoenix, AZ
Old 10-18-2009, 12:49 PM

Good Evening all my friends, Do any all you all have a manuel for a Sears Kenmore Sewing Machine that i could like maybe sent a money order and you sent me a copy of your manuel? mine is

Model Number#158.523
Serial#0029950
This machine was gave to me by my Sister that brought a house and the elderly lady only took her clothes and family pictures when she moved to another state.I don't even know what year it came out in but the little lady had it in a sewing cabinet and so my Sister gave the whole thing to me i was just tickled PINK for her kindness of course she doesn't sew.So if any of you kind folks could help me i would be tickled Pink once again just give your Address and i will sent the money frist ~~~Thanks In advance (:)
Old 10-18-2009, 12:58 PM

Raise up the machine & look on the front. There should be a small metal plate on it & it should have the date of manufactor on it. At least mine does. I'll see what my model is & let you know.
Old 10-18-2009, 02:34 PM

for quilter 101
http://www.sewconsult.com/kenmore/15..._158_1703.html

here's ur manual i believe, u can pay here and download it and print it yourself. here's a picture of mine bought new in 1970, if it's pretty much like yours, i could scan and email what u want out of my manual.

kenmore 1970 model
[ATTACH=CONFIG]53380[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-53380.jpe  
Old 11-17-2009, 06:51 PM

I have the Sears kenmore sewing machine that I got for high school graduation on my request. At the time the 158-17032 was considered a great machine, and yes it is heavy. I have the manual, and actually spare cams for it. (my duplicates). I can photocopy you the manual, especially the fancier and more knowledgeable pages. If you give me your address,

I can photocopy the booklet for you, cover to cover and send it to you. I still use that machine daily, especially now to make Christmas items for sale on Ebay, Craig's list, Etsy, Google and anywhere else I advertise, especially if the ads are free. I am in Phoenix, AZ. Soon to get a quilt feeding foot for my quilted fabric trivets and other hand made items I am currently selling.

I also have accesss to my friends Kenmore machine, which I think is older than mine. Her's is a 148-15600, no cams, but has a free arm machine. The part slides onto the machine and then off for cuffs and small rounded sewing projects. Its also a low shank machine, while my 158-17032 is a high shank machine, and is hard to get parts to it, especially updated presser feet like a walking foot.
from, Debbie, Phoenix, AZ
Old 11-18-2009, 12:27 PM

She had tis problem last spring..i think she got it straightened out back in march :wink:
Old 03-30-2010, 09:46 AM

I have the manual to the Sears Kenmore Sewing Machine 158-17032. Its in excellent shape considering how old the manual and the machine is. This machine was the top of the line at the time in 1973-1974 which I got mine as a requested present. I still have it, and works great. I can send you a copy of the manual if still needed. I can take a picture of my sewing machines, I now have 2 of them, both Sears Kenmore. from, Debbie, Phoenix, AZ