Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 14 23 24 25 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Mystery Quilt - Claudia's Quilt Shoppe

I have pulled all my fabrics for the first 4 months. Will begin cutting tomorrow. I really wanted a larger quilt than this is going to be so am thinking of doubling the size of everything. Am I crazy? Stop me now if so, I don't want them having to come haul me off in a straight jacket.

I think making this quilt larger would be easier, but I have already started so am going to continue on this way. Thank you for the advice all. I am going to keep muddling along.

WELCOME "PREZZY and MISSGIGGLEWINGS"....You are nbrs. '62 and 63' - WOW!!!!

NEW UPDATED LIST - '63' Quilters'

lockeb
    BKinCO
    MollieSue
    Sunkistmi
    SaraSewing
    Chrys
    Amma
    JCLinFL
    Ctmhjenn
    Chewboo
    lnordyke
    neoma
    Quilter7x
    Pineapple Princess
    Pvquilter
    Stichesnstaples
    Zennia
    Karielt
    Rainbow
    JanieW
    ljs317
    Ckelly
    Lillie
    Scrappylouisa
    Fate
    Lisa_Wanna_b_quilter
    QuiltMom
    Catlady
    Mamagus
    Weatheread
    pkrbkr
    Kittenquilts
    KGoodhand
    gaigai
    MaryAnna
    ligia
    sewjoyce
    daisyboo9
    kittygram
    JuneC
    gzuslivz
    TexasGranny
    Quilting Gal
    MelodyLamour
    Quilt Addict
    missgigglewings
    stitchenwitch
    heidikins
    SharonM
    Gerbie
    Rose of Sharon
    SugarPumpkin
    krabadan
    LetsQuilt
    Joy
    Wildyard
    Stitchnfind
    JudyG
    Bayou Quilter
    Jetnica
    Farnsworth
    Prezzy
    MissGiggleWings

Please let me know if there's someone who should be on the list and who isn't - or if I have you on the list and I shouldn't

EVERYONE, IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO START...there's just 1 row per month - so we can catch up at any time.....

MissGiggleWIngs...I never imagined that we could have stirred up so much interested - but very happy that we did :-)..It is fun!! No stress...no mailings - just everyone working at their speed...and we can all ask questions on the thread...WONDERFUL!!! :-)

WildYard,
    I also want a larger quilt than this - what I decided to do is continue to make this one as the center panel and then using borders, I'll turn this into the size I want..perhaps can add some other smaller blocks into the borders, etc....
    For each row, I am taking all of my leftover pieces and putting them into a little storage box that I have for this project....with these pieces, I am hoping to incorporate the various colors of the quilt into a border, or prairie points or something....and that way the colors will all carry though - using some larger pieces for the main borders.....just an idea!

What a great idea, storing left overs for the borders...ideas are free...right? Thanks

I think the most fun will come when we reveal how we finished out this project... Imagine the different quilts from the same twelve rows!

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I am convinced the directions for the lily are wrong. Nothing I can do leaves a point on the outside edge!!!

Missgigglewings..
    yes, ideas are free :-)..I was just thinking that each month, I would chose the fabrics that I intended to use for that month's rows..and then whatever I had left in those pieces..just continue to put them all aside..and then perhaps when the top is all done, I can get some inspiration to use some of the same fabrics in the rows in the borders, etc. - and make the quilt bigger....

TexasGranny,
    I agree.. it will be fun to see all of the different styles that will come from the same pattern.....

Lisa,
    It was difficult sometimes because of the smaller pieces and seams but I was able to pretty much get the points....just be careful with that 1/4" seam...there were a couple of time when I really did somewhere between 1/8 and 1/4 in order to try to get a better point....when I joined the lily blocks together there were some that I needed to attack with my seam ripper and redo.....don't get discouraged...once they are done you will be very pleased :-)

Blog Entries
    My blocks themselves look GREAT, but when I put them into a row my seam had to get very skimpy to keep the points. Oh well, I'm learning lots of stuff on this one.

I just have to sew this row on to the top and then I'll get you guys a picture.

For some reason, the family seems to think I should feed them!!

Lisa,
    When you join these up use a narrower seam.....to give yourself the best points possible..even if not real points...it will still be great!

For some reason, the family seems to think I should feed them!![/quote]

Families can be so unreasonable at times. Sheesh!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockeb
    Sharon,
    Don't worry - make adjustments as necessary - that's what I did - and I did a lot of them this time :-).......but this project is a wonderful fun project of small pieces - something new for me - and I have to say that I am thoroughy enjoying it! Now I am already looking forward to May 1st.....I leave for vacation on the 2nd - so I may just get a dab at it before I leave - providing I have the colors in my stash :-)
    I am not going to worry~ I am not going to worry~ I am not...... Seriously, it will all work out fine! Hope you are feeling better now, Bill. I now am having a bit of a problem with the pollen.. nothing too bad, but enough to know it's out there!

Happy sewing...

Sharon

Hi Sharon,
    Yes, I'm feeling better now.......will be happy to go on vacation - I just realized that I leave 3 weeks from Sunday - I didn't think it was that close!!!!! YIPPEEE!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyG
    Farnsworth, I am not sure of the size of the block after adding the white triangles either. It doesn't seem to work out right. I made the center pinwheel block 2.5", then when I added the white triangles the block was 3.5", then when I added the background triangles, the block ended up 4.75", NOT 4.5". Did anyone else have trouble with the size of the blocks? HELP!!! And I want to go on record as hating these tiny pieces. Although I did use Rhonda's Boston block method of creating the half square/quarter square block for the pinwheels. That worked great. Will be glad to get to the February block and work with bigger pieces, although that may be awhile if it takes me a whole day to make one snowflake block.

Smiling, JudyG, I had a bit of trouble too getting them made up, and mine are not perfect, so I am certain that you can do it :) ... Just chant " I know I can, I know I can..." and rip out and keep going on :) lol

Sharon

Blog Entries
    WildYard,
    I also want a larger quilt than this - what I decided to do is continue to make this one as the center panel and then using borders, I'll turn this into the size I want..perhaps can add some other smaller blocks into the borders, etc....
    For each row, I am taking all of my leftover pieces and putting them into a little storage box that I have for this project....with these pieces, I am hoping to incorporate the various colors of the quilt into a border, or prairie points or something....and that way the colors will all carry though - using some larger pieces for the main borders.....just an idea!
    Cool Bill, that is a very good idea! I was thinking of it's being small as well. Maybe I too can do something like that at the end of the project! Woot another segment to the mystery...

Sharon

Blog Entries
    Thinking of a vacation.... ahhhhhhhhh maybe in a few months time! Sun, sand, ocean and seafood! Ok, back to cutting!

Hi Sharon,
    Yeah,,,,,now we'll all be longing to see how everyone is going to finish this quilt....
    With regards to vacation, I leave on May 2nd for 2 weeks in Varadero, Cuba....the white sandy beach is calling me :-)...
    Perhaps I can bring some sewing but it will need to be handsewing :-)

Blog Entries
    Here is my top so far.

Jan - April
    Name:  Attachment-50395.jpe
Views: 2
Size:  50.9 KB

That is so very nicely done. I have not been able to get started on the April row yet but you have really set the bar high, you and everyone else who are already finished with the April row.

Blog Entries
    Ljs, my top looks much better in pictures than it does in real life!

Good job Lisawb..wouldn't it be great if we could find some fabric with the points printed on it. Then we could add little borders and not lose our prints!

Lisa,,,BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!

Hi Sharon,
    Yeah,,,,,now we'll all be longing to see how everyone is going to finish this quilt....
    With regards to vacation, I leave on May 2nd for 2 weeks in Varadero, Cuba....the white sandy beach is calling me :-)...
    Perhaps I can bring some sewing but it will need to be handsewing :-)
    Bill, just enjoy the beaches and your vacation....don't bring the sewing, it'll just weigh the baggage down and you'll have to pay for the 'excess baggage'. But do check out the fabric shops while on vacation, I'll bet you'll find some really cool fabric.
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
    Here is my top so far.
    Great job Lisa! I just love it! And you've convinced me that tomorrow is my quilting day! I've been out in the garden this week. I need to get caught up!
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna

Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 14 23 24 25 34 ... LastLast