Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 25 of 48 FirstFirst ... 15 24 25 26 35 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 625 of 1188

Thread: Mystery Quilt - Claudia's Quilt Shoppe

  1. #601
    Super Member roseOfsharon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,508
    Blog Entries
    3
    OooOooo looks good Lisa! I have not started my lilys yet .. did get the material and then found another for the center (yellow part) so will decide on which to use or maybe a combo of both!

  2. #602
    Super Member roseOfsharon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,508
    Blog Entries
    3
    Ummm Bill,,, if going to the beach, Thinking you will have other things to occupy your time and thoughts! :) But, busy hands are happy hands! (grins)

  3. #603
    Super Member JudyG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wickenburg AZ
    Posts
    2,910
    Blog Entries
    20
    After all my prior agony over the first snowflake block, I finally got them all done. My husband left our camera in AZ and it hasn't arrived back home with our friends yet, so I just put some of the blocks on the scanner so I could show that I did get them done. I decided while I was making progress on these little devils I would skip ahead and work on the Lily block also. Only have one of those done, but it is turning out fine. I decided I didn't want to do the beige background, so am doing it in blue because it is what I had enough of in my stash. I think it will look fine when everything is put together.

    I did put a finer thread in my machine and it does help with the size of the blocks.

    Snowflake Blocks
    Name:  Attachment-52096.jpe
Views: 4
Size:  36.2 KB

    Lily Block
    Name:  Attachment-52097.jpe
Views: 4
Size:  41.1 KB

  4. #604
    Senior Member ligia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    686
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyG
    I think it will look fine when everything is put together

    It looks so good ! :thumbup:

  5. #605
    Super Member roseOfsharon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,508
    Blog Entries
    3
    Looks good JudyG! I have not started my lily blocks yet. I am trying to finish a table runner for the Summer Table Runner Swap. Then I will concentrate on the lily blocks :) They look so sweet. Can't wait to add them!

  6. #606
    Super Member JudyG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wickenburg AZ
    Posts
    2,910
    Blog Entries
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
    I am trying to finish a table runner for the Summer Table Runner Swap. Then I will concentrate on the lily blocks :) They look so sweet. Can't wait to add them!
    I am doing that tablerunner swap also. I'm trying to decide between several fabrics and patterns I have. Do want to get busy pretty soon.

  7. #607
    Junior Member Chilly Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    269
    You are all doing such a great job. I love seeing the progress you are making.

  8. #608
    Super Member MaryAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,924
    JudyG,
    Your blocks look wonderful! and I love the blue background fabric! Nice job.....now I have to get busy. I've made 16 blocks last night of another project that I'm doing and have set aside part of today to tackle these rows.
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna

  9. #609
    Super Member chewboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    1,338
    great job --i still have to do april

  10. #610
    Super Member MaryAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,924
    Well I did it! I'm caught up finally! I just finished April's row a few minutes ago...and boy what a bug a boo that row was! I took today off to get some gardening & quilting done and I've been working on April since lunchtime today. I'm off to get a well deserved glass of wine! I can't wait until May...I'm hoping for flowers, perhaps applique.
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna

    Jan - April
    Name:  Attachment-55688.jpe
Views: 3
Size:  43.2 KB

  11. #611
    Super Member roseOfsharon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,508
    Blog Entries
    3
    OooOooo Maryanna your blocks look great! I have not started the lily blocks yet. Plan to this week or weekend!

  12. #612
    Super Member MaryAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,924
    Quote Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
    OooOooo Maryanna your blocks look great! I have not started the lily blocks yet. Plan to this week or weekend!
    The lily blocks are fun, I found them 'soothing' however, be prepared to spend a lot of time on that row. There are a lot of peices......the math given isn't exact, so your blocks will be a bit bigger and you can't 'trim them up' to fit the 4.5", but the look is a 'scrappy quilt' look. You'll have fun!
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna
    PS. Thanks for all your kind words!

  13. #613
    Super Member Lockeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Posts
    2,330
    BEAUTIFUL Mary Anna!!!!!!!!!!

  14. #614
    Super Member roseOfsharon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,508
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnna
    Quote Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
    OooOooo Maryanna your blocks look great! I have not started the lily blocks yet. Plan to this week or weekend!
    The lily blocks are fun, I found them 'soothing' however, be prepared to spend a lot of time on that row. There are a lot of peices......the math given isn't exact, so your blocks will be a bit bigger and you can't 'trim them up' to fit the 4.5", but the look is a 'scrappy quilt' look. You'll have fun!
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna
    PS. Thanks for all your kind words!
    Please don't tell me they are as difficult as the snowflakes were! lol I feel a headache coming on...

  15. #615
    Super Member wildyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Upstate NY, north of Syracuse Area
    Posts
    6,190
    I am celebrating getting all my pieces for the first 4 months finally cut out!!! Tomorrow I start sewing them together!! Yayyyyyy!!!!! I went all out and doubled the size since I found a nice king size sheet set to use for the neutral background and the backing.
    I got very clever and cut strips the width of one of the king size flat sheets in the size of each square I needed. Then I just cut off as many squares of each size for that month, and saved the rest of the strip for the next time a month calls for that size square. When a lot of one size square is needed, I cut several strips. This sure made my background piece cutting go a lot faster.

  16. #616
    Super Member MaryAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,924
    Quote Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnna
    Quote Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
    OooOooo Maryanna your blocks look great! I have not started the lily blocks yet. Plan to this week or weekend!
    The lily blocks are fun, I found them 'soothing' however, be prepared to spend a lot of time on that row. There are a lot of peices......the math given isn't exact, so your blocks will be a bit bigger and you can't 'trim them up' to fit the 4.5", but the look is a 'scrappy quilt' look. You'll have fun!
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna
    PS. Thanks for all your kind words!
    Please don't tell me they are as difficult as the snowflakes were! lol I feel a headache coming on...
    Ok, I won't tell you they are as difficult......but you'll need a glass of wine after you complete your row....trust me on that one...., it was fun though but it did take longer for me to do April's row than it did to do January's row. but it might just be easy as pie for you!
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna

  17. #617
    Super Member roseOfsharon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,508
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnna
    Quote Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnna
    Quote Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
    OooOooo Maryanna your blocks look great! I have not started the lily blocks yet. Plan to this week or weekend!
    The lily blocks are fun, I found them 'soothing' however, be prepared to spend a lot of time on that row. There are a lot of peices......the math given isn't exact, so your blocks will be a bit bigger and you can't 'trim them up' to fit the 4.5", but the look is a 'scrappy quilt' look. You'll have fun!
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna
    PS. Thanks for all your kind words!
    Please don't tell me they are as difficult as the snowflakes were! lol I feel a headache coming on...
    Ok, I won't tell you they are as difficult......but you'll need a glass of wine after you complete your row....trust me on that one...., it was fun though but it did take longer for me to do April's row than it did to do January's row. but it might just be easy as pie for you!
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna
    I can only hope I can get through them without too much wine! lol I did cut them out today and placed one on a mat to see how it looked and it is going to be (it appears) 5" lol says supposed to be 4 1/2" once I sew one I will see what it really measures out to.

    Ohhh easy as pie .. pleeezzzeeee :)

    Sharon

  18. #618
    Senior Member Leann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    980
    I've been saving the clues, does that count? You have me all inspired to get started!

    Your piecing is very exact.

  19. #619
    Super Member Lockeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Posts
    2,330
    Leann,
    You are almost there :-)

    Sharon and MaryAnna,
    Yes, April was longer for me as well..and my blocks only came out to be about 4" - so I had to make an extra one to kind of fill in my row - not sure what happened :-)

  20. #620
    Super Member JudyG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wickenburg AZ
    Posts
    2,910
    Blog Entries
    20
    Make sure you use a scant 1/4" seam. I actually bought a new foot for my Brother machine which has a guide on the side and, thankfully, it is very precise, so my blocks came out at 4-1/2. The inside block, before adding the background fabric I trimmed to 3-3/3" and then when the background was added, they were 4-1/2. I couldn't believe how well they turned out.

  21. #621
    Senior Member JanieW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    726
    kudos to all you who have done the lilies. Great job, good on ya!

    I opted for crocus because I hate lilies and I figured crocus was a good April substitute.

    So even tho I was a rebel, thought I'd post mine anyway.

    close up
    Name:  Attachment-60760.jpe
Views: 4
Size:  50.3 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

  22. #622
    Super Member SaraSewing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    AZ/Utah border
    Posts
    2,390
    Quote Originally Posted by JanieW
    kudos to all you who have done the lilies. Great job, good on ya!

    I opted for crocus because I hate lilies and I figured crocus was a good April substitute.

    So even tho I was a rebel, thought I'd post mine anyway.
    I love rebels. I'm one with my easter eggs. I'm thinking that May will be flowers too, and yours will look really pretty together. You did a good job!

  23. #623
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    under the table with a book yet again!
    Posts
    772
    I just love the crocus row and would like to do it but I'm one to always follow the rules and never have the courage to break out. I have the lily row cut out but have yet to put it together.
    Great job everyone!

  24. #624
    Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The middle of an IL cornfield
    Posts
    7,021
    Blog Entries
    1
    I like your crocus. They are pretty and look less maddening to do than the lilies. Too bad I wasn't smart enough to think of that!

  25. #625
    Super Member Lockeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Posts
    2,330
    JanieW,
    I love your April row - great choice!!!!

Page 25 of 48 FirstFirst ... 15 24 25 26 35 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.