Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ... 17 26 27 28 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Mystery Quilt - Claudia's Quilt Shoppe

Great job BKinCO! And I love your adoring helper, such soulfull eyes!
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna

Wildyard, yours looks great! Love the colors and yours seems to have more movement than mine1 Great job!
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna[/quote]

Thanks for the kind words everyone. MaryAnna, mine had a lot of movement. I think it went sailing thru the air a few times. LOL. Also besides the band to adjust for the too small white triangles, you will notice that I have an extra blue triangle instead of the larger white one in the windmill center blocks. I just liked that look more and I had lots of blues in my stash.

Quote Originally Posted by wildyard
    Wildyard, yours looks great! Love the colors and yours seems to have more movement than mine1 Great job!
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna
    Thanks for the kind words everyone. MaryAnna, mine had a lot of movement. I think it went sailing thru the air a few times. LOL. Also besides the band to adjust for the too small white triangles, you will notice that I have an extra blue triangle instead of the larger white one in the windmill center blocks. I just liked that look more and I had lots of blues in my stash.[/quote]

Well it looks fabulous! I can't wait to see the row! It will be dazzling!
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna

love looking at all of these

Hi, I've only just found this post, and I am making a Dear Jane, but have never done one of these before so I have bookmarked it and will try a couple of the blocks! Thanks for posting about it.

Doing my rendition of the happy dance!! January is finished, woohoooo!!! See the photos. I wanted bigger, and I surely did get bigger. Mine is easily going to be king size. Or I may remove a block and make pillow shams to match. LOL. I'll just have to see what the other rows do.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Doing my rendition of the happy dance!! January is finished, woohoooo!!! See the photos. I wanted bigger, and I surely did get bigger. Mine is easily going to be king size. Or I may remove a block and make pillow shams to match. LOL. I'll just have to see what the other rows do.
    wildyard, it looks fabulous! Nice job! Now onto February, which was easy and fun!
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna

wildyard, it looks fabulous! Nice job! Now onto February, which was easy and fun!
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna[/quote]

I am SOOOOOOOO ready for easy and fun!!! LOL

Blog Entries
    Oh my gosh, oh my gosh! I am behind, behind, behind! I have only one lily finished! Looks like I will be sewing over the weekend for sure! I found myself dabbling into other things this week! Ain't it just soooo much fun getting into other things before one is finished!! Not my normal pattern, but I could not help myself!! :?

Blog Entries
    Ohhh and wildyard, I love your snowflakes, your snow there really is special eh! :)

You guys are too funny. You think you are behind-I haven't even started this one. Have to wait for summer when school's out. Of course if I have to work for tuition I may have to wait longer! lol

Wildyard...Fabulous idea!!!!!!

Well i finally started my blocks. I just did one for each row to see how they are gonna work up first. the snowflakes were really challenging. But the April block gave me all sorts of problems. I had to rip the whole thing apart and start over. This time i put my quarter inch foot on and i will try and be more careful when i sew the rest. But this is so much fun doing. And watching how everyone is going along is great. Beautiful work. Hopefully i will have pic's soon too.

Quote Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
    Oh my gosh, oh my gosh! I am behind, behind, behind! I have only one lily finished! Looks like I will be sewing over the weekend for sure! I found myself dabbling into other things this week! Ain't it just soooo much fun getting into other things before one is finished!! Not my normal pattern, but I could not help myself!! :?
    Oh, you'll get caught up in no time! You're almost there! I can't wait to see your quilt thus far!
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnna
    Quote Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
    Oh, you'll get caught up in no time! You're almost there! I can't wait to see your quilt thus far!
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna
    As soon as I finish the lilys I will post! I too love seeing everyone else's work in the making!
    Take care MaryAnna

Sharon

joy
    I made one of the first ones this afternoon... am way behind but it doesn't matter... I'll make up the time... my DH asked me if the "curve" was in the pattern... I nearly clobbered him one... that was a practice one. you've got to laugh though !!! Think I will do one of each month to see what they are like to make before I go further... I believe the first one is the worst... hope so... !!!

... I believe the first one is the worst... hope so... !!![/quote]

I can definitely say that for me, so far the first one is definitely the worst. But then I've only done January and February. LOL.
    I finished February in just a couple of days. And that was even including the innovations I added.
    I fear I am going to be the same kind of quilter that I am a cook. I can't seem to follow a recipe without a little "creativity" and now I find that happening in my blocks too.
    You all know the story of my Tug Hill snowflakes. Well, February found me venturing for the first time into innovation for it's own sake. No errors to recover from. I designed and made my own blocks as you will see in the photos. AND.. I'm so proud of how this came out!.... I did my first ever machine applique'. All this to include a special message in my February row.

the first 3 hearts
    Name:  Attachment-5683.jpe
Views: 6
Size:  49.3 KB

middle 2 hearts and special message
    Name:  Attachment-5684.jpe
Views: 6
Size:  39.9 KB

last 3 hearts
    Name:  Attachment-5685.jpe
Views: 5
Size:  34.9 KB

my first ever machine applique
    Name:  Attachment-5686.jpe
Views: 4
Size:  104.5 KB

... I believe the first one is the worst... hope so... !!!
    I can definitely say that for me, so far the first one is definitely the worst. But then I've only done January and February. LOL.
    I finished February in just a couple of days. And that was even including the innovations I added.
    I fear I am going to be the same kind of quilter that I am a cook. I can't seem to follow a recipe without a little "creativity" and now I find that happening in my blocks too.
    You all know the story of my Tug Hill snowflakes. Well, February found me venturing for the first time into innovation for it's own sake. No errors to recover from. I designed and made my own blocks as you will see in the photos. AND.. I'm so proud of how this came out!.... I did my first ever machine applique'. All this to include a special message in my February row.[/quote]

Wow! You're really getting creative! Your blocks look fabulous! I love the extra details and special message in the middle! I can't wait to see your March block! You're catching up fast!
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna

Quote Originally Posted by joy
    I made one of the first ones this afternoon... am way behind but it doesn't matter... I'll make up the time... my DH asked me if the "curve" was in the pattern... I nearly clobbered him one... that was a practice one. you've got to laugh though !!! Think I will do one of each month to see what they are like to make before I go further... I believe the first one is the worst... hope so... !!!
    After the first row it's smooth sailing for a few months as the blocks are easier. You'll catch up soon as the other rows are quick and easy.
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna

Blog Entries
    Hi Wildyard, Your rows are very bright and cheery! If ever I should make another of these (not sure of that!) Brightening it up as you have done is very fascinatingly appealing! Looks good!

Sharon

Wildyard...that's great...my-oh-my - you are very creative -
    Great job!!!!

Well everyone, May 1st is Saturday - I'll be away from Sunday the 2 til the 16th - perhaps I will get the May row done on Saturday evening if I have time.....
    I'll be in Varadero, Cuba for 2 weeks....going to try to see if I can find local quilters down there - to see what they do - how they do it and perhaps see if I can find some little creation to bring back - that's my goal...wish me luck...and a tan :-)
    Hugs to everyone!!!!!!!!
    Bill

Sounds like a wonderful time!! Be sure to take photos and tell us all about your trip!

Blog Entries
    Have a great trip, Bill. Bring back lots of pics.

Have a great trip! And take photos! Bring back some fabric to include in a new quilt! I'll bet they've got gorgeous fabric!
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna

Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ... 17 26 27 28 37 ... LastLast