Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 28 37 38 39 ... LastLast

Thread: Mystery Quilt - Claudia's Quilt Shoppe

Well, I finally did my July row - but I changed it - I decided to try to find a Maple leaf....the block thta I found was a bit bigger than the ones that were planned for July....instead of 5 1/2" unfinished, my Maple Leafs are 6 1/4" - so it's not too bad......
    Because they were a bit bigger...and because I wanted an even number so that the stems pointed towards each other, I decided to only do 4....I could have done 5...but I broke it up by adding sashing in between....
    Anyways, here is what I have so far.....I hope it looks ok....
    Looking forward now to August......
    Bill
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Awww, so very nice Bill! You were right to do the Canadian Leaf pattern! I like them very much!

Hi Sharon,
    Thanks...I feel so good now that I have caught up - then after it was done I was afraid that perhaps the leafs were a bit too large..but they are only about 3/4" larger than the stars...but I decided to leave as is..I think that it will all work :-)...Aterall, it is a sample :-)
    This is a fun project and I can't wait to get the top all done so that I can add borders or whatever and get it quilted and finished...
    By the way, I have been keeping a couple of the number of pieces in this...so far I am at 711......and there's a lot more to go.. :-)
    Bill

Blog Entries
    Que lindo , Bill ! :-D

Blog Entries
    Oh my Bill! You are speaking of all the little pieces that we have put together!?? Goodness! I am thinking of the borders and binding and then the quilting. I hope to have it quilted by a quilter, there are a few in the area and charge from 1 1/2 to 2 cents a square inch! Not sure how much that adds up to, but this will be my first kept project, so I am thinking it would be nice to have it done up! :)

Gracias Ligia... :-)

Sharon,
    Yes, I plan on having this one quilted by a long arm quilter as well..I've done 4 recently by a quilter here in Canada....I LOVE THEM......it really finishes of the quilts well.... and I agree this one will be nice done up....

Just wondering if everyone is still working on their rows......

I have all of my rows finished and I am just waiting for the August row to post. I can't wait to see what Claudia comes up with next.

Is any one on this thread also waiting for the Farmers Wife Sampler Quilt blocks to start in August?

Quote Originally Posted by ljs317
    I have all of my rows finished and I am just waiting for the August row to post. I can't wait to see what Claudia comes up with next.

Is any one on this thread also waiting for the Farmers Wife Sampler Quilt blocks to start in August?
    Is it really starting in August? Which thread is that one? I'd love to join that one as well....although I can't seem to get caught up on my other BOM's!
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna

I am finishing a WIP, and will be starting these rows ASAP. None done yet, but I have the the neutral background and plan to use up scraps for the colors.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnna
    Quote Originally Posted by ljs317

Is it really starting in August? Which thread is that one? I'd love to join that one as well....although I can't seem to get caught up on my other BOM's!
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna
    It is called the Farmers Wife Sampler Quilt and It will start the first week of august. The blocks are 6 inch finished and their are 111 of them in total. You will need to purchase a copy of the book to get started. I looks really fun and we will be doing 2 blocks a week. But of course you can do them at your own pace.

Blog Entries
    Hi everyone! good to see that some are still around! I hoped to see more postings of the rows when finised!

I looked at the Farmers Wife Sampler and that is quite a job, one I don't think I am up to at this time! I have started a Hand Quilting class and as time goes on I will be busy with the project there *Sampler* so I best not bite off more than I can *chew* ;).

I enjoy doing this Mystery Quitl and will finish this of course :).

Hoping to see some more pictures posted of the completed Mystery Quilt rows!

Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by Lockeb
    Just wondering if everyone is still working on their rows......
    I am still out of commission d/t my shoulder surgery, but am champing at the bit to be able to sew again. It's making me crazy being unable to do things. I am lining up projects that will keep me busy for years, lol. I have chosen patterns for my next 4 quilts and started sorting and collecting materials for them as much as I am able.
    Hopefully by mid-August I'll be back to sewing again!
    I too, would love to see more pics posted of everyone's rows.
    Hugs and smiles, Linda aka wildyard

Linda,
    I hope you are back to your regular routine soon....
    Everyone else..I am also waiting to see what Claudia comes up with for August..it's not too far away :-)

I hope you are back to your regular routine soon.... I am ready for what Claudia comes up with for August. I have also started this group of patterns now with a black background and plan to make it the back of my quilt.

Blog Entries
    Lillie, do you have any pics to post with the black background, sounds interesting. I love black backgrounds on quilts. Gerbie

Will try to get it on site this weekend.

Blog Entries
    Linda (wildyard) I am happy to see you here :), I know you are still recovering from your surgery, but I miss seeing your smiling face here! I am looking fwd to August and seeing what the block will be. I am doing my best to keep up with all that I have joined in and so far I am on schedule! I have started a class on hand quilting, I hope to learn a bunch from it. We will be making a sampler after we finish a small project of making a sewing kit. It will be a nice thing to have for hand sewing. And to make for gifts for those who do!! Take care Linda... huggles~~

Sharon

Well everyone,,,the August Row is out....

http://www.claudiasquiltshoppe.com/R...otSidewalk.pdf

I think I will get to this on Sunday :-)

Hope you all have a great weekend!

August is a ?dud? Maybe it will look good with all the others, but I"m not making it until I see what comes afterwards. The color remind me of summer sun, which is what I may do! Sunshine! suns?

Blog Entries
    Hmmm, well it looks simple enough for sure :)

After the other blocks, we can do this one with our eyes closed. lol

Quote Originally Posted by SaraSewing
    August is a ?dud? Maybe it will look good with all the others, but I"m not making it until I see what comes afterwards. The color remind me of summer sun, which is what I may do! Sunshine! suns?
    Yeah, I'm kinda with you... not much to that row. Poppy is the flower for august, Anyone know an easy poppy pattern? LOL
    I'm looking out my windows to see what August has and I see daisys, daylilys, poppys, birds, butterflys, and sunshine. And of course, lots of green trees and leaves. I'm toying with the idea of attic windows with each of those things in a frame.

I'm also thinking of doing something different for August.....I am watching to see what you all come up with :-)

LOL Are we going for a full revolt? I think I'm going to try some sewing... it's the cutting I am worried about with my arm. Maybe if I can't do it, I can get my DS or DH to help. I can't stand it any longer!!!! My ideas are bursting to be tried.

Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 28 37 38 39 ... LastLast