Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
New Amish Clothes Lines~loving my husband! >

New Amish Clothes Lines~loving my husband!

New Amish Clothes Lines~loving my husband!

Old 08-31-2011, 04:42 AM
Power Poster

I grew up with that kind of clothesline and used one like it in one of our apartments. Around here we have "clothes poles", the T shape with three lines between them. I'm working on getting one. Our subdivision rules prohibit hanging clothes, but, the president of the association said if no one can see it from the street, that;s fine. Good enough, since we have a fence, and, if we put it where I want it, I won't even see it unless I go behind the carport. I've just not had the motivation to call about getting one.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:55 AM

I use my clothesline everytime I wash and if the clothes come in rather stiff, I toss them into the dryer for 10 minutes to soften and remove pollen. Works for me and I love my clothesline and have been using one for close to 54 years now ............
Old 08-31-2011, 04:59 AM

I love my sheets on the line..even stiff towels...nothing says clean like sunshine..LOL
Old 08-31-2011, 05:02 AM

Clothesline...a subject close to my heart.
WIth all the talk about everyone "going green" most scoff at one of the most obvious ways to go green.
I love my clothsline...and I love the quilt in your picture
Old 08-31-2011, 05:04 AM

You'll love it!!!! I first got my 'Amish-type' clothes line when we moved to VT in 2001. And when I had to move back to TN in 2009 I brought my pulley and essentials for the clothes line with me; and have continued to use this kind of set up. GREAT to just go out on the back deck and hang out clothes etc. Still miss VT; but have my memories and clothes line!!!! :)
Old 08-31-2011, 05:07 AM

I have an outside line but not that elaborate. I went to LOWES and got the little round roll up line and ran it between the patio and the eaves of the house at the side. It rolls back up when not in use. I love the smell of line dried sheets. Still put the towels in the dryer though. It helps a little on the bill I am sure but I do it for that clean smell. Thanks for your picture. N
Old 08-31-2011, 05:15 AM

That quilt on the line looks to be a real beauty. How about a full picture of just that quilt?
Old 08-31-2011, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by wvhill22
Hubby just put one up for me last week. I love it. Although I have to keep it hidden due to our home owners association. So we got the re-trackable kind. We have to hide the chickens too..lol
I am going to look into a retractable one too. I would live to be able if nothing else to hang sheets. But if I ever get around to dyeing fabric I am going to need one anyway. :-)
I wish I could have chickens but the houses are so close around here, and the back yard so small no way could I hide them. Especially with the "everything police" neighbor we have.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:35 AM

Wow! Pretty neat. Never seen 1 like that. My 2 lines have been down for many moons... But can remember hanging diapers 2x2, hanging smallest to largest...

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 08-31-2011, 05:35 AM
jme

Originally Posted by sparkys_mom
Where I live they would have a cow if I tried to hang clothes on a line outside.
My friends grandma had this problem. They lived in a "well to do" area and their yard was on a hill so when people drove by they saw her undies hanging in the backyard :lol: The city (or maybe HOA) made her quit.