Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Ok, I needed to think... >

Ok, I needed to think...

Ok, I needed to think...

Old 11-26-2008, 08:54 AM

Terri,

my favorite "present" for people like your relatives?? Go to the animal rescue site (its linked to the breast cancer site among others, they're all good, any one will do) and send a donation, then send them a card saying the money you would have spent on them went to charity. Sombody that NEEDS your money gets it...and the greedy relatives get to shut up!! But I'd still send an apron to your MIL since she does appreciate your effort!!

Mary
Old 11-26-2008, 09:05 AM
Power Poster

I think they would love them! I espeically like the towel to wipe your hands on.

You've done a great job!
Old 11-26-2008, 10:57 AM

Terri,
I absolutely LOVE your aprons. Thank you for the pattern, BUT...
You know, a gift from a good friend means SO MUCH :-)

I think your gift for MIL is right on spot, she will love one she wears every day and will love your effort.

I like the idea of giving a gift to charity of your choice in honor of your relatives...beneficial to everyone involved and doesn't have to be expensive...I know that Gideon Bibles will send each person a thank you note but doesn't list the $ given, or American Cancer Society, probably PetFinder or ASPCA or USO...your fun is endless. Habitat for Humanity and Heifer Project International, heck maybe even the Peace Corp!

Have fun with it, maybe send some to places they would hate (like the Democratic Party if they are Republican)- if you want to be evil :twisted:
Old 11-26-2008, 11:36 AM

Moonpi that's a spendid idea, I just love what you did. :)
Old 11-26-2008, 07:10 PM
Power Poster

Terri , Tha apron is awesome! I would send one to the mil and the heck with the rest . I am SO glad I no longer have in laws ! Good ridance to the whole clan. :lol:
Your MIL sounds like a sweetie , though, so spoil her. Don't let a bunch of sticks in the mud ruin your holiday.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving !
Sharon
Old 11-26-2008, 07:30 PM

OH Terri!
I know just what you mean! I married into a strange family. They give everyone in the family gifts at Christmas, but not us because we don't live in the city like they do! Even though we ALWAYS visit over Christmas.

For a few years after I met Paul I gave them gifts and they said thanks and that was it. So last year I didn't bother and one of the sisters asked if we were cutting out gifts Paul looked her straight in the eye and said, "Yep, Lori is retiring this year so we'll have less money."

Her reply? "I'm sure you won't be that poor!"

And these people run businesses and two of them are doctors! They aren't poor at all! I don't give gifts so I can get something back, but I'd sure like to be appreciated a little.

(only two of the six brothers and sisters gave us a wedding gift)

So last year I took the money and bought gifts for some disadvantaged kids in my school and I arranged for friends to give them out anonymously... Now THAT felt good to see one of the little girls after Christmas raving about her Barbie doll that she got!!
Old 11-27-2008, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by mommaB
Terri,

my favorite "present" for people like your relatives?? Go to the animal rescue site (its linked to the breast cancer site among others, they're all good, any one will do) and send a donation, then send them a card saying the money you would have spent on them went to charity. Sombody that NEEDS your money gets it...and the greedy relatives get to shut up!! But I'd still send an apron to your MIL since she does appreciate your effort!!

Mary
WONDERFUL IDEA for thoughtless relatives.......
Old 11-27-2008, 09:42 PM

Awe Terri, don't let it stress you too much. Christmas can be so stressful, and the added pressures about relatives. I think just do whatever makes you feel best. I can't take the stress of Christmas any more, even the stress of putting up a tree and decorating, so i haven't for about 5 years now. Part of it is i just can't do stress any more. Many times the past few years hubby has gone to his Mom's for Christmas dinner by myself, and i am so much happier to just stay home by myself and not have to do anything, but that's just the recluse in me lol. I've just had to learn what is too much for me, and thankfully hubby understands too. Don't let it get you down hon, you'll figure it out.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:38 AM

Personally, I'd send one to your hubby's mom and forget the rest. If they ask why, just tell them. They don't deserve anything. My 2 cents worth. Like the apron.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:40 AM

Well, we came to a decision. I am making one for MIL AND for FIL.
Yes, FIL is getting one too! It'll match MIL and I think he'll just love it.
For the rest of them? Nothing...and that's from hubby. He said if they don't like it, then too bad. We aren't going to waste our time, money and effort on them.
HURRY FOR HUBBY!!! :) :) :)