Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Orca bay mystery picture thread >

Orca bay mystery picture thread

Orca bay mystery picture thread

Old 02-16-2012, 08:08 AM

Brooke,
Looking great so far. Keep going, Caroline, you too keep going, want me to send the Quilt Police after you? Kidding, don't know them.

I have enough string blocks (both of them) for three more rows/columns, gotta be enough as I am NOT making any more, lol. I have all my wings cut, enough squares for the stars cut, almost there with my QST and HST..phew, I am throwing a big party when I finish this top, lol.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:33 AM

As ya'll know from the main Orca Bay thread, I was dealing with a mini meltdown. Well I've been trying to pull myself out of the dumps. I got rid of all those blasted triangles that were giving me headaches. Not really got rid of them, donated them to a school quilting group. The strip blocks are being made into mini Prayer Quilts that I'm using as one of my fundraisers for Relay for Life.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]312513[/ATTACH]

It's about 7inch by 7inch. Little tag is about 2.5 x 3 inches and has my little poem on it.

PRAYER QUILT
I'm a little prayer quilt,
to hold in your hand.
To help when trouble arises,
those things you not plan.

Hold me tight in your fist,
if it helps calm your fears.
And don't be afraid to use me,
to wipe away your tears.

As a fund raiser for Relay for Life, I charge $2 (it's all scraps so it's not costing me anything) That way they can buy 3 $1 raffle tickets for my quilt out of a $5 bill.

If anyone wants to use my little poem, please feel free to. Creator gives me the words, I just right them down.
Attached Thumbnails 0112.jpg  
Old 02-16-2012, 08:47 AM

brookemarie: your Orca Bay top is looking so pretty!! love it. I'm way behind--still on the triangles part. Haven't worked on Orca Bay for a while now. Went to a quilt retreat where I worked on a BOM with a friend and I am on a mission to finish some UFO's (a few projects I started a couple of years ago, after a trip to Alaska and Yellowstone, that my DH likes-so need to finish them--he says "About time!")

coyotemagic: love your little string prayer squares! They are so cute. I love the idea and thought I'd ask if I could borrow your idea--then read it would be ok--so I plan to make a few!! Great idea!!
Old 02-16-2012, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by candi View Post
Brooke,
Looking great so far. Keep going, Caroline, you too keep going, want me to send the Quilt Police after you? Kidding, don't know them.

I have enough string blocks (both of them) for three more rows/columns, gotta be enough as I am NOT making any more, lol. I have all my wings cut, enough squares for the stars cut, almost there with my QST and HST..phew, I am throwing a big party when I finish this top, lol.

Oooh! I will do anything to keep the Quilt Police from coming here. Part of the problem is that I have had so many interruptions and can't focus on my projects. But, I have been using the left over strings to work on another project that does not really need accuracy and goes really fast. I will be posting some photos when I get enough blocks to put on my design board.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by COYOTEMAGIC View Post
As ya'll know from the main Orca Bay thread, I was dealing with a mini meltdown. Well I've been trying to pull myself out of the dumps. I got rid of all those blasted triangles that were giving me headaches. Not really got rid of them, donated them to a school quilting group. The strip blocks are being made into mini Prayer Quilts that I'm using as one of my fundraisers for Relay for Life.

If anyone wants to use my little poem, please feel free to. Creator gives me the words, I just right them down.
great idea, i luv the prayer quilts. have you given up on your ocra bay quilt altogether or is it just on hold? i am so sorry to hear that you are having so many struggles so i want to encourage you to hold on because troubles dont last always. i know you are working your way through them. i truly believe it's okay to have our 15 minute meltdowns, them we shake them off, straighten ourselves and go attack the issues.

there are many around me and including me that are going through something right now. i incorporate all in my corporal prayers. take care.

mary
Old 02-16-2012, 12:53 PM

Well I had every intention of working on this today, but when my day started with me putting my iphone in the washing machine with DH work clothes, I kind of figured it might not be the right day to play with anything else expensive. Has anyone done this and ended up with a working phone afterwards? Because of the case the phone itself was hardly even damp, but not sure if the water went in the plug area. I put it in rice and then it started doing music all by itself, so I turned the music off and now my phone wont even turn on after being in the rice for 6 hours. I am soo bummed. this is my lifeline and I am so lost now
Old 02-18-2012, 08:40 PM

FINALLY assembled the top..... more or less.

I'm not going to do the same border as Bonnie did. I think solids will look better on mine (just need to get some fabric). Also I cut it down a row. I actually like the look of a square rather then a rectangle for quilts sometimes. What do you guys think?
Attached Thumbnails 021812203132.jpg  
Old 02-18-2012, 09:18 PM

I think that the solid border will look well. That is the fun of a quilt design, you can tweek it to suit yourself.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:53 PM

Looks great bookworm. Congrats on being almost finished!
Old 02-19-2012, 08:23 AM

Looks great bookworm!