Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Challenge Block Swap will be extended March 15th 2009 / update from Bebe 1/18!!

Mareliba, I really like your blocks. They look great!

Debbie
    :D

mareliba,
    I love my block! I can hardly wait to have them all & make a quilt!
    You did such a nice block with both & I love the baby quilt blocks too.
    Jo

This is the first block that I have completed. It's for Collectta Kay, Autograph Star Block, not yet signed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Deb, you did a great job. I still am running behind getting started. Hopefully when the garden stuff and the hay is in...well, I'll get there..you did a super block though!

Thanks Sandpat, I try to garden first thing in the morning. Then house chores and some sewing. I try to spend as much time as possible outside with my dogs. They love being out and the weather has been just glorious this past week. Then I have a nice relaxing moment with this wonderful board of the most talented and caring women, ever. The blocks that everyone is posting are so beautiful and every one has sure put their hearts into their work. :-)

community benefactor collettakay's Avatar
    Deb, I love my block! The colors are so beautiful! I really can't wait to see them all in person.

BTW, the signature on my block doesn't have to be in pen. You can use embroidery if you don't have pens or if you like it better.

I got 4 blocks cut out yesterday. The Wildcat, Cardtrick, Buzzards Roost and Housewife. This afternoon I'll drag my machine out and piece them. I'm kinda nervous and excited at the same time. :shock:

I'm glad that you like your block, Colletta. I was happy with the way that it came out also.

I have Elizabeth's Wildcat done too. The background may look black, but it is dark green with gold stars. I gave the kitty green eyes too.

Blog Entries
    Thats a really cute kitty block Deb. I just keep looking at all of yours and do nothing with my stack of fabrics and block patterns :oops:

Has anyone made the hunter's star for Dreamxer yet. I need some help with the templates. I'm not good with having to add the seam allowance. If anyone could draw these up in the correct size I would appreciate it very much.

CCBear,

I have done this block. I did the paper piecing method. It was tricky at first, but after I got the hang of it, I don't think it was too hard.

Debbie

It's on page 14

hi ccbear, if you use the "non-paper piecing" templates they already have the seam allowances on them. That's what I'm planning on using.

My kitties are so pretty! I'm planning them to be a memory quilt with butterflies scattered around them because my little boy cat (12+ lb Maine Coon) just loves going outside and if there are Butterflies he transforms into a kitten all over again, a joy to watch and behold.

Cordelia's Bambury Cross leave as is even though it is bigger it is okay.
    It is 15 inches or so leave as is easier than tryingto figure how to cut it down.

Elizabeth, If you are talking about the red center for my log cabin, don't stress. I'm sure it will be wonderful. Michelle

Hi ladies,
    I'm getting in the habit of visiting the board more and more. Unfortunately, my computer crashed on Friday and it was unsalvagable...yuck....had to buy a new computer! UGH!!!!
    I'm back up and running, and should be able to get more info. All the blocks look wonderful.
    As for the red center of my blocks, please don't stress if you've already made it without the red center. Don't remake them....this is supposed to be for fun...it's not a "masterpiece" kind of quilt. Thanks, ladies.
    Michelle

Cordelia,
    I found some fabric y'day while running errands. So, before I leave for work tonight....I made this one for you.

Cordelia's Bambury Cross 15 in
    Name:  Attachment-11904.jpe
Views: 10
Size:  37.2 KB

Boy that was quick quilt woman !!!! It looks really nice!!!!

That is AWESOME. I love that yellow you found. Whew. You did a really swell-bang up job too! And I recognize that yellow too. I used a fat quarter of it in another project and I just love that you found some to. Picture doesn't do it justice. Thank you.

I'm going to be working on two of the blocks this weekend. It will take me a little trial and error, but I'll get it.

I feel so behind with all you other ladies. But, since it technically didn't start until July 15, and I already have one done, I guess I shouldn't feel too behind.

:wink:

I"m glad you like it. It's really a bad picture--there's a lot of orange in the fabric. My photography skills are going downhill :lol:

Bebe,
    I had the black hanging on my staircase railing. I bought more fabric and had to clear off something--I call that "housekeeping" :lol: :lol:

It's not your photography skills, it's just things in person are a whole lot clearer than in pics.

I know that yellow fabric. I used it in a Christmas table runner I made for a street lamp. It shines brightly in my table runner.

Actually, I have to finish sewing on the binding for that thing. When I finished it, folks said it's really a wall hanging. But, I made it as a table runner with the "kiddie table" in mind.

Here is Buzzards Roost for Denise (D A Mayer). Hope you like it.

Debbie

Very nice Puz.

Blog Entries
    Cool Puz, I like the focus fabric...cute!

Here is Card Trick for Puzwhiz. Hope you like it. The colors are brighter than they appear in the picture.

Now I know why they call this block "Card Trick"!! It is very tricky and I had a hard time with it. It's like putting together a puzzle!!

Love the red/blue combo. Never tried the card trick - hence the name - trick?

Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast