Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Challenge Block Swap will be extended March 15th 2009 / update from Bebe 1/18!!

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth A.
    UGH! 107! 115! ACK! Here in FL I try to ignore those numbers. I turned the a\c to zonal while dd had her nap today and it got up to 91 while I was out of the living room. Yuck. LOVE that AC!
    We have the AC on day and night, set for 77 PG&E loves us. But we have an energy star manufactured home and our bill this last month was only $118. When we lived in a smaller stick built house and a swamp cooler we had $250 to $300 per mo. bill and everything wqs wet and miserable. Sooooo glad we have AC

No air conditioning here on the coast of Maine - maybe would be nice to have it a couples of days in the summer. We ususally have an ocean breeze and with the ceiling fans we are cool. If we lived inland, we would definitely need central air!!!

Betty, I love it. But you knew I would!!!

Ladies, the logs can be any width, but isn't Betty's block beautiful?

Great looking log cabin block Betty. I love the colors. That red center adds a extra punch to it. Great Job!!!!!

Ladies
    please put the red center in the purple and green log cabin block. Michelle says it represents the heart. So please make that change to your list!!! OKay?????

Thank you so much Michelle and bebe. I thought I might have to take the red block out of my block, but I guess not!!

I have made Mareliba's block too!

And here tis! :roll:
    Attached Images Attached Images

bettlove Mareliba's block is beautiful. :)

YIPEE!!!

Gee, I guess I'll be making my log cabin block over again. I asked about the color for the center the day I got my list and was told it didn't matter. :(

http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/75/6971.page

The red center represents the hearth...the fire/cooking center of the log cabin, which is the heart and soul of any home...except for those of us who don't cook...and Marianne and Betty know I'm just not going to cook if I can sew, knit, read, or just about anything else (and that includes laundry =D)

That is pretty, bettlove.

Elizabeth, I'm sorry I didn't answer your question. I'm just getting used to this message board. cchelleme

Hey Mareliba....I'm taking a Bella Bella class this weekend at Quilter's Cocoon. Sure wish the Dogwood ladies would have approved the class, but you know how they can be when it comes to speakers and workshops!!!Again, when I figure out the camera, I;ll send pics. talk with you soon. ME

Oops, forgot to let you know...The quilter's run is this weekend and next. Anything in particular you want so I can keep an eye out for it. I'm going to try to get to all the stores again this year, but I might have to stay away from the northern stores. Let me know. ME

These blocks are just GAW-JUS!

I can't wait to see how the folks put them together.

This is the Depression block for Joann. Is this what you had in mind? Are the colors what you want? If not, please tell me and I will make you another one. :roll:

Bebe -What do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images

ElizabethA - I think it would be relatively easy to unsew the center block and replace it without redoing the whole block. Hope this works for you. :wink: Bettlove

Betty I think the block looks great!!!
    I asked Joann to look at it and give us an opinion. I like the color contrast and it looks like a depression block when everyone used what they had.

I used very tiny locking stitches so it wouldn't come out with all the traveling it has to do, there is no way to rip it out.

Bettlove,
    The block you made for me looks great. It's very scrappy & I like that. I am so excited to see my first block!!!!!
    I've had company for the last week but they are gone now so I hope to get started soon on my blocks. I have more company coming next weekend, we are going to a class reunion in WI the first of Aug & my family has talked me into finishing up a quilt (one my grandmother started years ago) for a family reunion the 6th of Sept so I have really got to sew fast!
    Thanks Bettlove!
    Jo

See Bettlove Joann liked your block. I think it looks great!!!!
    Thanks Joann for telling us the block is okay!!!

better than ok!!
    Jo

the last three posts make it look like I was fishing for a complement. Not so!! I asked if the block was okay because the instructions on the block page that I downloaded was different than Joann's color choices. I was a little confused as to what to do, so I asked bebe and she suggested I post the block let Joann decide.

I'm really glad that you like it, Joann! But I was willing to make another one if you didn't.

Blog Entries
    bettlove, it doesn't really matter if you were "fishing" or not. You did a great job on the block and we don't mind telling you so!! :D

Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 ... LastLast