Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Challenge Block Swap will be extended March 15th 2009 / update from Bebe 1/18!!

Jennifer/Dazzleme - OK - now you've done it! I loved the blue & yellow applique!! And I love the log cabin. I want BOTH of them!!!
    :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Puzwhiz - that's beautiful!

I haven't started yet... ooops! I'm starting next week after the dolly swap and some other obligations are done. I'm looking forward to sewing these blocks!

Puz, I am not in your group, but the block for Dreamxer is sooooo beautiful!!!

Ann Marie:

Good!!! Cause I was going to ask if you still wanted the other one. It is yours!

I'm glad you like the pink one!!

Ladies allt he blocks are outragous you all have out did yourselves. I am still in the planning stages. Really busy with church my life groups and so on. I better get rolling soon don't you think?????

Hello ladies, my internet is out at the house so I had to wait until today when I got back to work so I could catch up. I love the blocks all of you have made me! Thanks!!! Also, all the blocks aree looking great!

mareliba

I love that Hunter's Star block for the other group. That looks really, really hard!

I won't be sewing again until Friday. I only sew on the weekends. So, I'll see if I can't get my block to come out right. I'm really jealous all of you can sew your 12.5 inch blocks and I can't.

I follow directions. I don't fudge on the directions. But, the site calls them to be 12 inch blocks. I think that's how they're supposed to come out. To get another half inch to them has to require fudging and I'm not that good at that yet.

I measured all my quarter inches and they were perfect quarter inches and the block was a perfect 12 inch block.

I'll try adding and extra eighth Friday and see if that does it.

Cordelia,
    Maybe you are thinking something else about 12.5? What we mean is the block needs to measure 12.5 unfinished and when it is put into the quilt it will be 12 inches finished. Are yours measuring 12.5 unfinished?

Hope this helps????
    I have tired calling you so we can talk this out but no answer. Give me a call tomorrow evening if this hint does not work. Do not get discouraged okay???

community benefactor collettakay's Avatar
    I absolutely can't wait to start my blocks. I've started some planning but have been really busy the past couple weeks and have had some other projects that needed finishing first. I'm hoping to get started this week!

By the way, every single block has turned out beautifully. Good job, ladies!

PuzWhiz your Hunters star is amazing!

Oh and the Pink Butterfly, WOW!!! Mind Sharing that Pattern?

Currently I'm at a pause, yesterday I shoved my daughter's quilt into the sewing machine and nothing is going to be done until that puppy is outa there! :D

AMAZING WORK!

Here is the Log Cabin for Michelle (ccheleme) Thke colors are really pretty.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wish i could start already, no time yet. Son gets married in a month from tomorrow. So much to do so little time. Other son having a baby in 4 months, oh my, what's a mother, quilter to do. Can I get everything done by the deadlines??????????? I am hoping I will have time to enjoy making the challenge blocks, the nice thing is it is not a whole quilt.

Dont mind sharing a bit. Alls the pink butterfly is, is a log cabin block with a nutrual color to make the main color stand out. In the pattern I saw the entire think was done in the log cabin style.

Just checking in. I have not started my blocks yet. I have to admit I am already in vacation mode. I don't leave til the 17th.

I will most likely will not get started til August. I already have some fabric set aside. And I made notes of everything I need. I am going to a big quilt show in CA. So I hope to pick up most of what I need while on vacation.

Tricia

Blog Entries
    Oh Tricia, I envy you going to the Big show in CA. Just point me there and let me take my "plastic"...I'm good to go! Some serious trouble would occur there :mrgreen:

Quilting Turtle, Where at in California? If I have my calculations right, you have just finished with my center. Am I right? Are you going to post a picture? Hope so!!

Hi Bettlove,

Yes I am finishing up with your center, I just have some more work on the corners.

The quilt show is in Long Beach. I can't wait to get there. I wish I had more than a day there. I just might be able to sneak in another couple of hours on the last day of the show 8)

Sorry I wasn't home, Bebe. I'm on the road all the time. That's why I only sew on the weekends.

I'll try again and see how things go on Friday. I should be able to figure it out.

Well Cordelia, I tried to order fabric for your Bambury Cross block. All I was able to get was the black Kona. Apparently, you and I have good taste. The gold/orange fabric I found was "unexpectedly out of stock due to overwhelming demand". I thought that was pretty funny :wink:

I didn't want anybody to have to order fabric! And I'm not picky about the orange either. It can be yellow or orange or shade of both. A fat quarter from Joanne's at the most!

I'm not picky about the black either. Just plain old black anyone's got in their stash. I don't care if the shades are all different at all.

I love the bambury cross so much. It is my favorite, favorite block.

I made this pillow for my lilac lap quilt. I usually make a bambury cross pillow and pillow cases with leftovers for all my lap quilts. It's a great way to use up scraps leftover from projects.

Attached Images Attached Images

Cordelia and mghrs, the fabric I ordered for your blocks came today from Quilt in a Day, so I guess I should start working on the challenge again. Have 3 in college's half done - getting lazy in the heat I guess.

Love your bambury cross projects Cordelia.

You're up in Maine. How hot can it get????????

I'm thinking 75 degrees is hot up there.

:lol:

LOL It gets hotter than that sometimes Cordelia. Even into the 90's in the summer. Of course the water doesn't get very warm - but we brave it once in awhile.

Right now it is 107 here in Gerber, CA and very smokey. Not an outside day. Supposed to get to 115 by 5 pm.

UGH! 107! 115! ACK! Here in FL I try to ignore those numbers. I turned the a\c to zonal while dd had her nap today and it got up to 91 while I was out of the living room. Yuck. LOVE that AC!

Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast