Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Pic of 1st attempt Paper Piecing CALLED SUNRISE

Your colour choices are just stunning! What a lovely block and congrats on the paper piecing. I still haven't worked up the nerve, I really need someone to show me, because the instructions are just not quite making it into my brain lol

Quote Originally Posted by Andi
    Your colour choices are just stunning! What a lovely block and congrats on the paper piecing. I still haven't worked up the nerve, I really need someone to show me, because the instructions are just not quite making it into my brain lol
    Thanks Andi, think its better to draw a simple design on paper, a 6" square. Cut your fabric 61/2" by the widest point of your lines. Say a 6" square draw 3 lines each one into a corner like a fan. Number them 1 to three. Turn your paper over. Hold it up to the light so you can see the lines on the other side of the paper. Pin your fabric on to no 1. Take your next fabric take your pin out of No. 1 and place the 2 fabrics right side together and pin. Now turn your fabric over. sew along line No. 2.
    Turn over and pin your fabric sew it doesnīt move and place your next fabric over it. Pin. Turn it over and sew along the No. 3 line.

Kinda make sense.......... Nope, okay catching the next flight over. :lol: :lol:
    Turn your paper over,

Super! Your border goes perfectly with your fabrics. This is a really impressive block--it will be the center of what I'm sure will be a stunning quilt! Well done!

ButterflySpain: Your quilt is GORGEOUS. Love, love, love the colors and that black background just makes those lovely colors pop! I'm also very partial to Batiks and especially like the one you used in your sashings. Great job. Thanks for sharing.

beautiful.... :-o

That is beautiful. You have gotten the hang of paper peicing. It is a good way to make perfect points and the paper helps keep the fabric from stretching. While I have done it it is not my favorite thing.

Glad somebody bumped this up. The Sunrise center is GORGEOUS! What does it look like with the Flying Geese border? What stage is it in now? I wanna see! :lol: :lol:

That is beautiful! Your colors are beautiful, and your points are very precise. You really seem to have paper piecing down pat now.

It's beautiful! Your first piece?! Gorgeous! I like the flying geese idea, too. I just ordered a paper piecing book (Doak?) and am anxious to get it. Ummmm, though, I will have to work mighty hard to match your excellent work.

I am learning soooo much from this board.

Izy
    I don't think Elle will mind me barging in, but I have a picture of the finished wall hanging, from our show :D

I hope this is the right picture
    Name:  Attachment-34845.jpe
Views: 19
Size:  34.3 KB

Lovely - I love the colors you used. Great job!

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie1
    Lovely - I love the colors you used. Great job!

Just seen this and thought I remember that one, its quite a while ago since I did this, but it is pretty, even if I do say so myself. It didnīt end up with flying geese I got caught up in something else (story of my life) lol.

Glad you bumped it though, it was a surprise to see it again.

Thanks for all the lovely comments

Elle

Beautiful, gorgeous use of color!
    Great job!

That is absolutely beautiful. What wonderful colors. That would be an awesome center for your quilt.

Thank you all so much for your lovely coments, In fact what I want to do is make it in to a big cushion for the wicker chair I have, so that I have a nice comfy cushion for my back when I sit outside and sew.

It is a bit of a UFO needs the back for the cushion thats all, must get round to it lol

Elle

That is really beautiful. I love the colors.

Thank you Izy for posting this picture!
    Going crazy here wondering how she finished it.

Wow, I love it, have to learn to paper piece!

Butterflyspain. I love it.

Blog Entries
    Elle, that will make a lovely cushion!...What..you are busy???? You have a couple of things going on???? Surely not!! :roll:

Awe Patti you guessed. Busy, donīt know whether I am standing on my head or my heels, however got the wedding all sorted out now, just got to get on with the decorating. Oh and did I mention the IRR, Ooops and I forgot the blue star swap, and someone wants me to make something for them, but thats with my other hand lol

Glad you like the Sunrise PP, it was fun to do, ah that the other thing I have to make :shock:

Elle

Elle, love your pp and the colors! Carol Doak's book and DVD is how I learned, I could never understand it before. Her DVD is wonderful, plus her way of showing you all the little tricks adding fabric etc. It all came together for me when I bought the whole kit...book, DVD, add-1/4" ruler, and paper.

Izy, I tried to join Carol's Yahoo Group, I can get on but cannot figure how to maneuver around on the site. Could you please give me some suggestions. I know I'm slow on learning new things, but this has given me fits!! LOL!!

Also, if you join her newsletter she gives you free designs there also.
    Wanda

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda_GA
    Elle, love your pp and the colors! Carol Doak's book and DVD is how I learned, I could never understand it before. Her DVD is wonderful, plus her way of showing you all the little tricks adding fabric etc. It all came together for me when I bought the whole kit...book, DVD, add-1/4" ruler, and paper.

Izy, I tried to join Carol's Yahoo Group, I can get on but cannot figure how to maneuver around on the site. Could you please give me some suggestions. I know I'm slow on learning new things, but this has given me fits!! LOL!!

Wanda
    Have to say Wanda, first time I tried it I was sewing on the wrong side lol

However someone showed me how and I really love it. But I do think you need to be shown how. Thanks for sharing how you learned the tricks of the trade.
    :D
    Elle

Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanda_GA

Wanda
    Wanda, it is a strange site, but most of the important bits and under the 'FILES' section on the left hand side, if you click on that, then you will find subsections with lots of past BOM's and lots of patterns etc, good luck!! :D

Blog Entries
    very striking colours

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3