Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Pickled Ladies Continued >

Pickled Ladies Continued

Pickled Ladies Continued

Old 02-07-2017, 09:58 AM
dd

I love this quilt. I don't think I've ever seen one before. Are you sewing them together or appliqueing them to another piece of fabric. Since there is no pattern available for this, maybe you could do a tutorial? I would love to know how to do it.
Old 02-07-2017, 11:21 AM

I found this blog post that links to Barbara Brackman and has a link also to Inklingo. https://quiltobsession.wordpress.com...a-pickle-dish/ Interesting. Perhaps the lady does not communicate because the pattern is not hers???
Old 02-07-2017, 11:51 AM

Those blocks look very difficult to do but they are beautiful. How are they attached together?
Old 02-07-2017, 12:50 PM

Wow, you have more patience than I do.
Old 02-07-2017, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Diane007 View Post
I Love your blocks and clips.... I read that you re drafted the blocks what was the name of the original pattern
very nice
The pattern is in the Pickled Ladies back on track on page 4

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...t282291-4.html
Old 02-07-2017, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by dd View Post
I love this quilt. I don't think I've ever seen one before. Are you sewing them together or appliqueing them to another piece of fabric. Since there is no pattern available for this, maybe you could do a tutorial? I would love to know how to do it.
They will be sewed together just like a clam shell quilt. I added a link for the pattern in this thread.
Old 02-07-2017, 01:52 PM

Really like this pattern. Your quilt is looking fantastic, love all the bright color.
Old 02-07-2017, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Lady Diana View Post
Rosie, what a wonderful quilt this will be....beautiful.

The original design is Karen Stone Clam Session. There is not a pattern. I HAVE TRIED FOR TWO YEARS NOW to get a response from Karen. I even contacted a group on the east coast that sponsored her class on this quilt several years ago. THEY HAD NO INFORMATION......They said Karen was hard to communicate with....they had to threatened to cancel their class to get her to call them about her arrival.....not responsive. Too bad...there are a lot of us that would have gladly paid for the pattern....instead we are left to our devices. LIKE EQ, right, Rosie.
Yes, I feel bad, Karen does not answer anything. Maybe she is just too busy. I did look at her quilt and I can see where one could do just about anything with that clam shell. I will show as much as I can. If you can sew the clams togther, no problem. I will show you as I go along.

Now I have read an old post and the ladies were trying to figure out how she did some of the things. I will show you some of the things I am doing in the next post.
Old 02-07-2017, 02:06 PM

I looked at the quilt by Karen Stone and she does do wonderful things etc. Here is a pic of what I did with my clam so you can get an idea what Karen does with her blocks. I traced my template on an old dryer sheet. then I just sewed some strips on it and when I got to the end of the tracing by the longer end, I sewed a wider strip and then re-traced my template, on the back in case it shrunk a bit and it did and I cut it out and spray starch with the up and down movement, and here you have an idea.

This quilt will take some time as I want to make some fancy work on that template like Karen did to hers. Remember is not as hard as it looks. If you paper piece, you can do the crown. mark your centers and pin the sides and off you go. I do want lots of greens in mine though. The block are about 10 inches across, just bit enough to play on. I will post every time I make a fancy one like the one now. You can do this, just be patient and play.

I made a mistake and worked on the smaller template that has the crown. I meant to work on the large template so I would have more room to play. I then just cut a plain crown for the block.
Attached Thumbnails dsci0001.jpg   dsci0002.jpg   dsci0003.jpg   dsci0004.jpg  
Old 02-07-2017, 02:10 PM

I cut some pie wedges out of scraps from the the main template and will use those here and there. I am going to look through block base at blocks to get more ideas....