Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Pics & Whine >

Pics & Whine

Pics & Whine

Old 12-21-2009, 08:15 PM

It's a very common nickname for Louise, which is my name.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:36 PM

This is just precious!!! I love how you did the blocks..That's alot of work to embroider all the blocks.. I've done one and it's been 2 years now ?? maybe..and I'm still not ready to do another one like that..
Old 12-21-2009, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by tuesy
This is just precious!!! I love how you did the blocks..That's alot of work to embroider all the blocks.. I've done one and it's been 2 years now ?? maybe..and I'm still not ready to do another one like that..
Thank you! I started out with only a vague idea of what I was going to do ... so it was kind of a day-by-day creative process, including buying specific designs of the right heighth and width to act as counterpoints to other designs, so the end result would have a nice balanced look.

I can understand your reluctance to get started doing another machine embroidered quilt. Normally, I prepare a 45" square of fabric, cut blocks from that, embroider them, and then I do something totally different for a while to get a long break from M.E. I worked on that patchwork animal quilt every day, though, so I could get it finished and mailed ASAP.

It would have been more fun to make if my machine had not been acting so weird ... I had just gotten it back from the dealer and had paid him a huge amount of $$$ to service it and it behaved very oddly right after I got it back. I just kept on doing the patchwork critters, though, and it sewed them out just fine, in spite of the fact that the machine sounded like it was ready to go into orbit. When I finished the quilt and took the machine back to the shop with a list of its new noises and peculiarities, all he did was "re-clean" it (no charge) and it's been fine ever since. I think he did not even clean and oil it the first time I took it and I paid big bucks for nothing, but then he was forced to service it properly when I took it back the second time.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:46 AM

Very nice!