Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Pics & Whine >

Pics & Whine

Pics & Whine

Old 10-13-2009, 07:46 AM

What a neat quilt! Glad you persevered, he's going to enjoy that quilt & so's his family.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Ducky
I love it, Weezie! I think you did a beautiful job! I have done the embroidered Animals in Pajamas and am still needing to piece them in a quilt top. I like the look of yours. And I do know what you're saying about the rude words coming out of your mouth.....I'm guilty, too! I hadn't thought about bringing the manufacturer into it, but I'll remember that for next time! :lol:
Thank you, Ducky! When I first heard of Joshua's poor health and decided to do a quilt for him, Animals in Pajamas was one of the sets I put on my Wish List as a possible choice for the quilt; another possible choice was the little set of animals all dressed in rain gear and playing in the rain ... I can't remember right off-hand what that set is called. I wanted designs to delight him, hopefully for quite a few years. I finally decided on the patchwork because I had previously bought several of those for no particular reason except that they are so cute.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:25 PM

wow that's gorgeous!!! I loooooove the pillow!
Old 10-14-2009, 05:19 AM

The colors are so vivid-he'll love the eye candy! I have a question. Will the embroidery go through the washer & dryer? I was thinking of something for my adult son, but it would get washed & dried a few times a year...at least! Maxine
Old 10-14-2009, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by MaxineB
The colors are so vivid-he'll love the eye candy! I have a question. Will the embroidery go through the washer & dryer? I was thinking of something for my adult son, but it would get washed & dried a few times a year...at least! Maxine
Hi Maxine. This is only my opinion: I think the designs will hold up as well as any other part of the quilt over time and through repeated washing/drying.

To get the color mix I need, I often use both rayon and polyester threads in a design and cannot tell the difference between them. I read from other machine embroiderers that polyester has more endurance if there is to be a lot of future washing and drying. I wash a quilt in cold water, gentle cycle, just air fluff in the dryer, then hang it on the clothesline that I have strung across one end of my basement laundry room. To give plain sweatshirts a little pizzazz, I have sewn designs on them and I just wash them with the rest of the laundry (warm wash, cold rinse). To save wear and tear on our shirts and pants (and because I hate ironing clothes), I only semi-dry before I put them on hangers to finish drying on the above mentioned clothesline. I've had no problems so far with any designs being laundered.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:46 AM

Thanks for the info. I want to do more with my embroidery machine & now I'll try some projects. Thanks again! :lol: Maxine
Old 10-14-2009, 07:40 AM

The quilt and pillow are so cute! It doesn't look dimpled, it looks fluffy! I love them both!
Old 10-14-2009, 05:43 PM

Very cute...despite the "many rude things" slung at it!! :-)

Old 10-14-2009, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by jljack
Very cute...despite the "many rude things" slung at it!! :-)
Thanks for the compliment. No rude things were said to the quilt. They were said to the sewing machine and sewing machine deserved each and every rude remark!
Old 12-21-2009, 08:13 PM

Hi There,

Small world! My step daughter's sister has a dog names Weezer. NO DOWN PUT intended. I had never heard that word before

Blessings
Jeanne