Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   2009/2010 IRR Centers-Oct. 15, 2009 mailing date (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/2009-2010-irr-centers-oct-15-2009-mailing-date-t22912.html)

sandpat 07-22-2009 05:26 PM

Oh yes!!!!!! I love the NYB's!!! Its soooo you Klue! :D :D

JoanneS 07-22-2009 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by kwhite
Hummmmm I emailed it to a couple of people, but .........

It is ok to laugh. I think it is kinda gawdy!!!

Hmmmmmmm - I'm thinking you're a Capricorn like me????????

JoanneS 07-22-2009 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by kwhite
Hummmmm I emailed it to a couple of people, but .........

It is ok to laugh. I think it is kinda gawdy!!!

Hmmmmmmm - I'm thinking you're a Capricorn like me???????? And I LIKE IT :thumbup:

Okay - I read on a little further, and you THOUGHT you were doing the scales of justice. Well, you're wrong - it's Capricorn, so you can just send it to MEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I'll pm my addy - - -

ai731 07-22-2009 07:31 PM

I like it with the black borders, Klu - I think it looks very elegant. But I'm looking forward to seeing it with the flying geese as well. Hmmm. Now I'm envisioning a combination of flying geese and black (black - flying geese - black) for the borders... Can't wait to see what you end up with.

This swap is going to be so much fun! I'm so glad I joined!

I *think* I've decided to do Tim's Compass Block for my centre. I was petting my batik fabrics earlier this evening (they haven't been washed yet, so they're still folded all neatly) while I was working on my sampler quilt, and I think they will do justice to Tim's pattern.

Jan

JoanneS 07-22-2009 07:41 PM

Klue - like everyone else, I'm blown away by your design - and I'm eager to see the rest of your borders. NY Beauty is one of my favorites, and I've been working on one of Karen Stone's in AZ off and on for a couple years. That's why I don't DARE join an IRR -definitely not a reliable finishER :cry: I'm going to be a lurker watching as all of you post pictures of your beautiful work. I've enjoyed watching the 2008-09 IRR that's ALMOST finished. It just keeps getting better and better :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Butterflyspain 07-22-2009 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by JoanneS
Klue - like everyone else, I'm blown away by your design - and I'm eager to see the rest of your borders. NY Beauty is one of my favorites, and I've been working on one of Karen Stone's in AZ off and on for a couple years. That's why I don't DARE join an IRR -definitely not a reliable finishER :cry: I'm going to be a lurker watching as all of you post pictures of your beautiful work. I've enjoyed watching the 2008-09 IRR that's ALMOST finished. It just keeps getting better and better :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thats a shame Joanne, it would be great to have you. The workmanship on the IRR has been outstanding everyone just seemed to push themselves that extra inch.

Elle

k3n 07-23-2009 12:55 AM

KLue that looks great! I love the cornerstones - can't wait to see the FGs in place!

sandpat 07-23-2009 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by ai731
I like it with the black borders, Klu - I think it looks very elegant. But I'm looking forward to seeing it with the flying geese as well. Hmmm. Now I'm envisioning a combination of flying geese and black (black - flying geese - black) for the borders... Can't wait to see what you end up with.

I *think* I've decided to do Tim's Compass Block for my centre. I was petting my batik fabrics earlier this evening (they haven't been washed yet, so they're still folded all neatly) while I was working on my sampler quilt, and I think they will do justice to Tim's pattern.

Jan

I think you are making an excellent choice and I can't wait to see! Pet those pretty babies once for me too!

Lacelady 07-23-2009 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
ok, here's the pic with the new york beauty corner stones.

i had no idea how hard 4 inch NYB are to make - OMG!

i have to get one of those square and block things and beat them into shape.

i'm going to do some flying geese where that solid strip of black fabric is - it just looks so plain and boring with it just being solid black.

so here ya go, enjoy.

It's looking good Klu, but I kind of like it with the plain black. Perhaps leave something for someone else to do? I'll reserve judgement and wait until you have done a row of flying geese to show us.

kluedesigns 07-23-2009 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by ai731

Jan

the compass would look great in batiks.