Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   2009/2010 IRR Centers-Oct. 15, 2009 mailing date (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/2009-2010-irr-centers-oct-15-2009-mailing-date-t22912.html)

kluedesigns 07-18-2009 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by bearpaw
Klue,

Did you draw that out and figure out the paper piecing yourself or did you do it in a program? VERY COOL!!!

its a really old design that a friend worked on when she was teaching me computer paper piece design. its based on andy warhol's marilyn monroe but i thought it would work for me - it could be any woman.

buddy'smom 07-18-2009 08:31 AM

Your center will be stunning,, I also could not sleep last night, got up to work on mine and oh, it just wouldn't work up right, so back to the drawing board for me, I'll get it, I've made three of these center before, just stumped????
Kimberly

LovingIzabella 07-18-2009 01:34 PM

Beautiful Klue,
I was going to do the unicorn but I found four of my embroidered butterfly blocks I may put together....decisions decisions....
Sincerely,
April

beachlady 07-18-2009 01:57 PM

Klue, you certainly are a NY Beauty. What a nice center. You should post more of your art quilts - would love to see them.

sandpat 07-18-2009 03:57 PM

Klue...because you primarily make art quilts and there are a lot of folks doing the IRR that are more "traditional" quilters...could you maybe throw out some ideas at to what types of rounds might work well with a center such as yours? We of course, don't have groups assigned yet...but I think that such a beautiful, but different center may need for some of us to think outside our boxes...and we might need a nudge to do that :wink:

Esqmommy 07-18-2009 04:05 PM

Great suggestion Sandpat! I would also venture to guess, and if I'm wrong..sorry, but I'll bet KLue is expecting us to do what we do best, and not necessarily something that is her style...KLue, you strike me as a very open person in that regard!

kluedesigns 07-18-2009 04:32 PM

i consider all quilts "art" the only difference i've ever seen on this forum is that i have more contemporary tastes and a lot of people here have traditional tastes - but really its all art.

i find the big difference between contemporary and traditional is fabric selection because both use the same blocks (flying geese, 9 patch, drunkark path, prairie points, etc)

i can understand how a traditional quilter can look at this center and wonder what in the world do you do with something like that. once i put on the NY Beauties i think people might feel more comfortable since thats a traditional style block i'm just making it in batiks.

i would like for everyone to do what they consider to be their signature style. this center is a blank slate, there isn't a print, the colors are all neutral and go with any other color (yes, blue, hot pink, and gold are neutrals), it is all batik fabric but that goes with anything too.

the theme is "around the world with my friends" for international and "cross country with my friends" for US - so the theme calls for you to do a signature border.

it could be something native to your state or country (flowers, animals, cultural design, the colors of your flag in whatever pattern you like) or it could be something that defines you as a quilt artist such as doing your favorite block or your favorite style of fabric.

i will be thrilled and honored by all the work done on the centers. i know that it will be in the spirit of love and friendship and that's what makes it special.

if i get a center and i'm stumped i'm going to reach out to everyone for ideas and i hope you guys feel that way too - its fun to work together to create a quilt - it reminds me of the traditional quilting bee.

tlrnhi 07-18-2009 06:41 PM

Klue.....Hot pinks, huh? What about some dragon flies, lizards and fireflys to go with it? :) :) :)

kluedesigns 07-18-2009 06:46 PM

LOL

i love lizards, that geico gecko is so cute and i love his accent.

Ninnie 07-18-2009 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Klue...because you primarily make art quilts and there are a lot of folks doing the IRR that are more "traditional" quilters...could you maybe throw out some ideas at to what types of rounds might work well with a center such as yours? We of course, don't have groups assigned yet...but I think that such a beautiful, but different center may need for some of us to think outside our boxes...and we might need a nudge to do that :wink:

I so agree, I'm such an old fashioned quilter, I would be afraid of messing that beautiful block up some way.