Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   2009/2010 IRR Centers-Oct. 15, 2009 mailing date (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/2009-2010-irr-centers-oct-15-2009-mailing-date-t22912.html)

collettakay 08-11-2009 03:41 AM

I love the log cabin!

NorBanaquilts 08-11-2009 03:43 AM

I love them both!

sandpat 08-11-2009 04:33 AM

Oh WOW...how to decide which one....I think the walk away idea is the best thought....whichever you decide will be great! I can think of things for each one of them...but very different type of designs. Its interesting that I get such a different "feel" from them both.

I sure hate that the moose didn't work...I showed that one to DH...he said he liked it and wondered if it was coming here...seems he might have had keeping it on his mind. :roll: :wink:

Iluv2quilt 08-11-2009 04:48 AM

Wow! So many things to think about. The possibilities for the black and purple star. I like the idea of adding different jewel tones with the black. That sounds beautiful. And the log cabin, I'd love to see it bloom. What to do, what to do? I'll let them sit for a few and then look again like you suggested.

Sandpat: LOL about DH. Reverse applique would look great for the moose, maybe I'll try the moose again. I have time, right? Plus, it would be good practice. :D

Lacelady 08-11-2009 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by AkAngel
I am not joining the IRR this time ( I still have the final border to add to the current one) but I will be following the thread. Coletta your panels are absolutely beautiful but I have to say I'm a long time fan of Thomas Kinkade.
That is going to be lovely.
Terri, I love your kitty card idea, what a cute center it will make.
Have fun all of you, I look forward to where this goes.
Muriel

You mentioned Coletta's panels, and I am in her group. I have missed any posting from her, so how far back is it? Please help Coletta, I want to see what will be coming my way.

And Janice (ai 731) have you posted any pics that I have missed?

Ducky 08-11-2009 06:23 AM

The centers are both just beautiful, Suzic! Gorgeous! My eye keeps going to the purple and black. Sooo many bold colors could be added to that! I'm partial to log cabins, too, and that has such a color variety and would be fun to work on - but oooooh, that purple. I love it.

Butterflyspain 08-11-2009 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Lacelady

Originally Posted by AkAngel
I am not joining the IRR this time ( I still have the final border to add to the current one) but I will be following the thread. Coletta your panels are absolutely beautiful but I have to say I'm a long time fan of Thomas Kinkade.
That is going to be lovely.
Terri, I love your kitty card idea, what a cute center it will make.
Have fun all of you, I look forward to where this goes.
Muriel

You mentioned Coletta's panels, and I am in her group. I have missed any posting from her, so how far back is it? Please help Coletta, I want to see what will be coming my way.

And Janice (ai 731) have you posted any pics that I have missed?

One of Collettaīs panels is on page 10 of this thread, but for the life of me I canīt find the other and I know she posted a picture of them both together. sorry canīt help with ai731, donīt think she has.

Elle

collettakay 08-11-2009 07:29 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here they are again. I kinda feel guilty using panels when I see all the hard work everyone is putting into their centers.

Group 3 center
[ATTACH=CONFIG]44377[/ATTACH]

Group 10 center
[ATTACH=CONFIG]44440[/ATTACH]

Ninnie 08-11-2009 08:09 AM

Colleta, which one are you sending my way? I love both of them, and can't wait to work on one!! :D

ai731 08-11-2009 08:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Lacelady

And Janice (ai731) have you posted any pics that I have missed?

Nope, no photos from me yet. I'm finishing my blocks for the Blue & Yellow swap before I start work on my centre. Here's a picture of the fabric for my centre, though. I'll be doing a Mariner's Compass style center using Tim's Compass Star pattern. I still need to buy some fabric for the 'background' of the star, it will probably be a navy blue tone-on-tone or batik.

Jan