Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Secret Quilt Angel Reveal info page 301 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/secret-quilt-angel-reveal-info-page-301-a-t31742.html)

sewnsewer2 02-04-2010 06:08 PM

Everyone is getting such nice gifts, can't wait for ya'll to take pics!

TO EVERYONE: thank you for updating your profiles, I know your angels appreciate it.

dojo36 02-04-2010 07:19 PM

i have updated my profile too.

wvdek 02-04-2010 08:22 PM

Although I updated my profile a bit, for the most part I am happy with just a card or note now and then. Just a hi, how ya doing to know she is thinking of me is blessing enough.

Darlene loves Chocolates 02-05-2010 06:54 AM

I have been snowed in and unable to get to the post office for days and days....more like weeks!!!!!

BUT YESTERDAY, I GOT A BIG AND I MEAN BIG....HUGH SURPRISE FROM "MISS WINGS"....aka my sqa.

pictures to follow later today...in the meantime I gotta go...you know to EAT THE CHOCOLATE(S) FROM MISS WINGS!

But before, I zip off for coffee and chocolates (they go together you know), I should tell you for the most part, my entire life I have not been too emotional, but this board and the love I get is causing me
to be filled with tears of joy.
Life is so very very hard right now, but last night I sat at my dining room table arranging the gifts from
Miss Wings for a picture to be posted, and of course I took a few nibbles of the chocolate,
ok ok ok....I ate the entire bar!!!!
While eating the creamy rich chocolate, tears ran down my face...my cheeks were packed with chocolate and
the tears wetted my lips, and were mixed with the chocolate.

I sat there alone...thinking

A TOTAL STRANGER IS SENDING ME ALL THIS LOVE!

SHE MUST BE MY ANGEL.

She has lifted me up.

Miss Wings you deserve your wings.

I love you.

Grama Lehr 02-05-2010 07:02 AM

Darlene, I can relate, I love my chocolates too! In fact, I haven't found anything that doesn't go with chocolate! My Angel also lifted me up during a very sad experience. I really feel the love being sent from her! Thank you for expressing it so eloquently!! I can't wait to see your presents!

Gramakitten 02-05-2010 07:19 AM

I agree. This absolutely has been a blessing in the wide open. I feel the love both ways to my angel and from an angel. The CD (I know she thinks this is funny) that I received from my angel is the most awesome gift I have ever been given. Every time I listen to it I get chills. By the way-- my friends that I shared it with feel the same way. I am in a wonderful time of my life. BUT I have been down the road of hard knocks many times. Darlene I will send you any chocolate that I receive. I am so allergic to chocolate that it is not funny and I can;t leave it alone. This is a love link if i ever saw one. Thank you Angels. Kathi Thompson

karielt 02-05-2010 07:32 AM

Darlene I will send you any chocolate that I receive. I am so allergic to chocolate that it is not funny and I can;t leave it alone. This is a love link if i ever saw one. Thank you Angels. Kathi Thompson
Your giving away chocolate....put me on your list :lol: :lol:

laparshall 02-05-2010 08:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
DH called me at work yesterday afternoon and said: "You got a box in the mail today I think it is from your Angel.” When I got home last night, this was waiting for me on my dining room table. DH watched closely as I was examining it, he said, “it a birthday present and it is from your Secret Angel, and then asked: "are you really going to wait until Saturday to open it?" "It says Don't Open Til Your B-day" He has that special way of looking over his glasses, sorta encouraging me cuz he is dying to know, yet at the same time ready to judge me if I do open it. I left it on the table, and went up to my sewing room for 1 1/2 hrs. Came down and it was still sitting there waiting, taunting me, so I picked it up and gave it a little shake, it is kinda heavy! Sigh! I sat it back down and went to bed. Sigh! All the way to Saturday???. . .Big Sigh!! Oh what could it be?
This morning, the box was still sitting right there on the table waiting for me, I just smiled and thought isn’t she something? Who would know? Boy, I'd better wait. So I picked it up and shook it, just a little, one more time, and boy it does have some weight to it. I then headed out to the kitchen counter with it where I have my utility scissors (just in case). Instead, I found my camera and took a picture to post so the rest of you can wait with me. So now we will all wait until Saturday. Hurts don't it? I will check back tomorrow to show you what's inside.
My Secret Angel is a big teaser!!! Isn't she fun? I agree, there is a lot of love being sent around here. Thank you so much Sweet Angel for the fun surprise. And after you just sent me that wonderful anniversary present a couple of weeks ago. I am so lucky to have you thinking of me.
‘til tomorrow. . .
Linda

What? Do Not Open 'Til B-Day????
[ATTACH=CONFIG]31773[/ATTACH]

STAR 02-05-2010 08:46 AM

Linda- frst I have to say that i love the little signature of yours. Now I wanted to ask did you post this pic sio that you could go and open it up????? LOL

well if you didn't I can't wait to see what is in there!

Baren*eh*ked_canadian 02-05-2010 08:50 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Knock Knock, it's the mailman at my door!!

He handed me a box this morning and I was so excited!!!
Sash was in the kitchen making smoothies with the magic bullet, so he didn't hear the door and when I walked in the kitchen to show him I got a present, he was like 'What's that?' to which I replied 'I don't know'. Then he asked 'who's it from' and agian, I replied 'I don't know'... LOL, he gave me a funny look!
So anyway, my awesome secret angel sent me a carved sculpture to match the one I got from my Secret Santa in December...what a great gift! I love having sets. I got some red orange yellow fqs in a little bundle, I LOVE those colours! Some chewy candy (which I opened before even taking my camera out, lol) , and a really cool sewers's pocket knife dealy... all these things flip out like scisors, awl, stitch ripper, magnifying glass... this thing is genius!
Also, I got a really really nice little quilt kit to make a quilt for our baby. It's blue and green, with turtle print and chenille...OMG it is soooooo soft! We had ones similar to that at my store, but they were really expensive. I cannot WAIT to start putting this one together! It's going to work perfectly with our nursery theme :)

Thank you my secret angel!!!

oops, got my toes in the bottom of the pic, lol!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]31779[/ATTACH]

Yes, that is an original 1984 NES in the back there, lol!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]31781[/ATTACH]

My new figurine along with the one I got in December... sorry the pic is sideways.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]31836[/ATTACH]