Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Secret Quilt Angel Reveal info page 301 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/secret-quilt-angel-reveal-info-page-301-a-t31742.html)

sewnsewer2 02-09-2010 07:10 PM

Sharon and everyone in the storm's path, please be careful driving and I will be thinking of you all. I hope the storm isn't too bad in your areas.

magnolia 02-09-2010 07:27 PM

For those that are worried or not sure if their angel has received their gifts or cards is it possible to ask the P.O. for a tracking number? I am not sure if this can only be done in the states or if can also be done outside of the U.S.. I think it's worth a try. Sorry, if I am stepping on any toes; just trying to help.

Oklahoma Lightning 02-09-2010 08:32 PM

I got home from being out of state for husbands doctor appt to find my kids had got the mail and I had a wonderful package from my SA.
It had a quilting book,a quilt puzzle, the cuteness sock. Black with pink and red hearts on them. the book was on how to use jelly rolls and she sent a jelly roll too. She sent note cards. A book of Iron on Tansfers for Ouilt Labels that is really really neat.
Drum roll please, there a package that says "Do Not Open until your Birthday" which is driving me crazy. I tried to bribe my husband with candy, my grand-kids with cookies and my daughter in law with quilt blocks to open it and tell me what in it. But they all ( even the 2 year old), say I have to wait until next Thursday. I thought for sure homemade fudge would do it. Is it Thursday yet?
To my secret angel, your timing is Gods timing because every time I am about to go deeper into depression, you there.
My arm doing better, still a lot of pain that can take me down at times. But that because I keep trying to use it to much but I start PT next week. The doctor say it will get better. That I am trying to rush it and it be another 3 to 6 months for the pain to go away.
I was able to sew something for my SA and do my Jan and Feb months block. Is so really funny. I cried while I tried to learn to sew with one arm, I cried when I finally figure it out and got one done. But my grand daughter who is 2 1/2 said " No sew grandy, it make you sad and Aurora sad too." I explain they were happy tears because I got it right finally. She went to do something then started fake crying. We asked what was wrong and she grinned and said Happy cry.
But it felt good to do it. Although it looks like my Jan book is MIA at this point which I just discovered tonight. But hubby is helping me iron a new one and we mail it tomorrow. I am glad my Feb went out without a hitch.
One of these days I will have a card reader so I can post pictures. I am just glad to have my PC back after it got hit the last time. It just got fixed late yesterday.
Hope everyone doing good. It is 16 degrees here with snow. We had a lot of snow lately. We drove home from MO. in a snow storm. I am tried of it because it makes my arm and shoulder hurt more. I am ready for spring but they saying maybe more snow tomorrow night.

Janstar 02-09-2010 09:07 PM

Hope your arm gets better fast. You got alot of goodies from your Angel and I'm glad they made you happy! Happy Birthday early!!

Gramakitten 02-10-2010 05:28 AM

I would not tell if I knew my secret angel. It would spoil her fun. I think this is the greatest exchange that I have ever been in. My angel is THE GREATEST, I love sending to my Angelle, and look at all the posts that a card or package comes just when they need it. I'm surprised at the amount in the packages. WOW. I think little packages more often are my thing, but with postage and all I know that it is hard for some to get to the post office too. Do you know that the mail person will take your package and your money and mail it for you? At least mine will. Then give me back a receipt the next day. I try to post as soon as I can and my angelle does too. We are the greatest angels.......

NorBanaquilts 02-10-2010 05:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My angel has sent me a Valentine squishy. And, she's done it again. She got me something I didn't even know I needed until I needed it.

When I got home from work my DH was upset that he stepped on a pin that went through his slipper and into his foot.

And, after listening to his mini lecture on keeping the pins off the floor I opened my squishy. Included with all the wonderful things was of all things a magnetic pin picker upper. My SQA amazes me.

Here's the rest of my wonderful surprise. Red/White fabric including a pattern to make a wall hanging. Yummy chocolate/carmel candy, a charm for my rotory cutter. A small lacy patch and the cutest card.

Thank you SQA, you thoughtfulness is very appreciated!

brushandthimble 02-10-2010 05:51 AM

Love, love all the pictures of squishies. Also some of the items gives me ideas for things I can send:)
Did I mention I picked up a little something to send for Easter? Planning ahead LOL

Gramakitten 02-10-2010 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
My angel has sent me a Valentine squishy. And, she's done it again. She got me something I didn't even know I needed until I needed it.

When I got home from work my DH was upset that he stepped on a pin that went through his slipper and into his foot.

And, after listening to his mini lecture on keeping the pins off the floor I opened my squishy. Included with all the wonderful things was of all things a magnetic pin picker upper. My SQA amazes me.

Here's the rest of my wonderful surprise. Red/White fabric including a pattern to make a wall hanging. Yummy chocolate/carmel candy, a charm for my rotory cutter. A small lacy patch and the cutest card.

Thank you SQA, you thoughtfulness is very appreciated!

See donna this is why we are called angels. lol

NorBanaquilts 02-10-2010 07:02 AM

I get a snow day today, so I'm going to try the little wall hanging. Now I need to get off here and get to work LOL

Ybridgegal 02-10-2010 08:12 AM

Having some time finally to read the QB and especially this thread, I feel as though I should apologize for not posting anywhere lately. I might add that I have not forgotten everyone here or my concern for all. Just been extremely busy sometimes life has it's own design. Also been working on the SBS exchange when possible. But I am still here thinking of my Secrets and always wishing them the best as I know they are me. To my Secret Angel I am going to mail tomorrow I hope....weather. But you are in my thoughts even when/if I don't let you know daily. Love and Hugs to all my wonderful friends.