Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Sad to this go. >

Sad to this go.

Sad to this go.

Old 11-24-2012, 10:41 AM

The quilt is beautiful. I love it.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Mary O View Post
Made this quilt in 2003 and sold it to a family member for a wedding gift.Sad to see it go but my finished quilts are piling up and need to part with a few.Does anyone have an attachment to some favorite ones?
It's truly gorgeous. I can understand why you would have a hard time letting go. So much time and effort went into it. I just love the colors, Mary.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:51 AM

I remember DH's Mother [a quilter] having a pile of finished quilts. Everytime all the family would go there, we [the women] went to the bedroom and started looking at all her quilts. So beautiful. Now I have some of them. I'm a keeper too. So was my MIL. I don't blame anyone for keeping them. Your quilt is so gorgeous, I don't think I could have sold it. LOL
Old 11-24-2012, 10:56 AM

My joy is in the designing and making of a quilt or swedish weaved afghan not in the keeping of them. I love to have someone in mind that I am going to give each one to while I am creating them. I usually ask for their color preferences and then I design away. I absolutely love making them. For some reason I don't chose to display them in my own home. I don't know why. Although I still have the very first quilt top I made when I started quilting after I retired in 2002. I am attached to it, yet it isn't a complete quilt and I don't know if it will ever be done. I take it out of the linen closet now and then and enjoy it for a few minutes and put it away again. It inspires me to keep creating. I also have the afghans I lovingly made for my DMIL and one DSIL. When they passed away, I asked the family if I could have them because of the memories they brought to me. Those are cherished even though they are not displayed. I can get them out whenever I want to feel close to those two dear ladies.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:59 AM

The colors are beautiful and some of my favorites. Just looking at it makes me want to get going on a new quilt.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:11 AM

That is beautiful! I would be sad to see it go also.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:12 AM
lbc

What a beautiful gift that will make for a lucky bride and groom. Just think of it as having a place of honor in a new home.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:18 AM

Only for family can I part with quilts. The only exception to the rule was the quilt of valor.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:30 AM

That is such a beautiful quilt, whoever gets it will be sure to love and enjoy it.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:44 PM

Not sure I could have parted with this quilt. It's just gorgeous. I have gotten quite attached to some of my quilts. How can you not when you put so much time and care into them. On the other hand, there have been some, I couldn't finish and kick out my door fast enough