Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Say you have 13 dogs in your house... >

Say you have 13 dogs in your house...

Say you have 13 dogs in your house...

Old 02-01-2011, 08:33 PM

I have 4 dogs that's plenty thank you. 2 were rescues. Won't you have trouble getting them to potty outside when the weather is nice again? Sorry but I gotta ask. :oops:[/quote]

SOme of them will be reluctant, but I am a heartless monster, and they will be thrown out anyway. Now it is literally too deep for them to maneuver, so they get a pass. I do have potty pads down in the house for a few who don't have great mobility, but most of them use the dog door and the great outdoors.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:03 PM

My four dogs all get along nicely. Now that my golden retriever is finally healthy, we're not spending major funding on her. Some nasty person dumped her. When we found her she was emaciated and heartworm positive, 20 pounds underweight.
Molly is the sweetest,most laid back dog I've ever had.
My DD and her friends raised over $700 toward Molly's heartworm treatments. I'm glad to say that she's healthy and has lots of energy now.Annie the Westie was a stray and also very thin.
The other 2, Terra the lab mix has been with us since 6 weeks(born at shelter) and choop is my son's poodle mix.

dh is bribing the pack to sit still with dog snacks.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]142305[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-142300.jpe  
Old 02-01-2011, 11:07 PM
Power Poster

LOL 13 dogs!!!!!! I think I will stick to my 14 children. LOL Your babies are adorable though. Give them each a snuggle from me. OK?
Old 02-01-2011, 11:12 PM
Cyn

You are a Blessing to these animals!
I do the same on my own- nothing formal but I get cats and dogs well and vacinated/spayed/nuetered and either find them a good home or keep them. We are full with 5 cats and 2 dogs that are family. The spring always brings us more to help. I spend a fortune but I have to do what I can, too.
Originally Posted by hazeljane
I would like to clear up one thing- I have 5 dogs, which is alot of dog. I foster another 8 at the moment, which is way way too many. We are just in a crunch in rescue right now and there is nowhere for them to go.

So I don't actually own 13 dogs, though in another sense, the rescue, which I run, has 14 foster dogs, 8 of whom are here, and six are in other foster homes.

And yes, it is very expensive- most of the dogs we take in need complete dentals, complete shots and testing for heartworm and parasites and a spay/neuter. On average, we spend about $240- $270. on a rescue, and our adoption fee is $200. And that does not include Frontline, Heartgard, and food/bedding/toys, etc. We are a non-profit corporation, but almost half the funding for these dogs comes directly from Jim and I.

Each year, we have between 2-4 surgeries- broken bones, slipped patellas being common issues, and periodontic problems. When you wonder why a rescued animal costs as much as it does- these are some of the reasons.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:15 AM

Love your italian greyhounds,
have two of them
Old 02-02-2011, 03:27 AM

13? NO, thank heavens, but I have five big ones. Three hate snow and rain but piddle pads aren't an option; they would have to be the size of a throw rug! We recently fostered a Rat Terrier who tried to take over the house with two Pit Bulls, a German Shepherd, a Beagle and an Australian Shepherd.....
Old 02-02-2011, 03:49 AM

I love iggies but have not been able to find one locally or even close. The most dogs I have had at one time was 5, but it really is not that bad, they just sorta came into my life and heart, one by two, at a time.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:22 AM
Lyn

I have seen Italian Greyhounds in the snow. They would walk on one toe if they could. From one rescuer to another, thank you.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:13 AM

Will recommend you for sainthood, and you quilt too!
Old 02-02-2011, 05:43 AM
Power Poster

sorry---if there were 13 dogs in my house...about a dozen of them and their owners would be out of my house! i can not even imagine entering such a place :thumbdown: