Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Should I do it? >

Should I do it?

Should I do it?

Old 03-11-2011, 11:55 AM
Power Poster

Old 03-11-2011, 11:59 AM
Power Poster

Duh I just read your post that you can not have anything under the window. I agree the kitchen is not a good place for the fabric, too many smells and humidity from cooking. Is there any place you can put a shelf unit?
Old 03-11-2011, 12:03 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MommaDorian
I thought about a shelving unit in place of the tubs and kitchen chair. Problem with that is if I need to unfold my sewing table, the shelves are in the way. Right now, if I need it, I just slide the tubs out.
OK You do not have a sewign room you are in your dining room. Am I right? Go to your bedroom. Open all the cabinets you have in there and take out the clothes, night stands and dressers. Get a card board box or two and trow all that stuff in there. Put the car board boxes in your closet and now proceed to fill the dresser and night stand drawers with fabric. Yes, I did that before when we lived in a mobile home and DH tolerated it.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:07 PM

Leslie, that is TOO cute!!! Thanks for sharing it.

Deanna, I got a good giggle out of your comment. How about I keep the stash and send you the S&P shakers? lol

I'm thinking even though I would have to move whatever I put in front of the window, shelves would be nicer to look at than my tubs. Maybe I'll shorter ones that aren't too hard to move. I don't use the extender on my table very often anyway. Hmmm, I don't know. You've all given me some very good ideas. Maybe I'll share the idea of changing this with my dh, I haven't even mentioned it to him yet.

BTW, yes...this is in my dining room. I don't have anywhere else to keep it. It's my own little corner.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:28 PM

Think how colorful the fabric would be, it would be something to really look at!!
Old 03-11-2011, 05:31 PM

Your hutch does not look big enough for your stash....can you purchases a book case?
Old 03-11-2011, 06:53 PM

I think the China hutch is an excellent idea, especially if you move it in the sewing room and take everything else out of it. Having doors on your storage really helps keep the dust off of the fabric. Having fabric stored by color sure helps when you want to make a quilt from your stash. I also like it when I have a new piece of fabric and am looking to fill in from my stash before I go buy more.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:13 PM

I would pack the salt and pepper shakers and store the fabric where it can be easily seen and it would look great in the hutch...
Old 03-11-2011, 07:19 PM

Oh my how can you even find any fabric in tubs. I think if you can get a simple tall bookcase or two, put those near your sewing machine and leave the hutch alone. More than likely your fabric supply will grow and you will run out of space in the hutch. I have mine on a 12" deep x 8' wide x 7' tall and I just love that I can walk by it and veiw my supply. Go for the bookcases.

Oh, let's just face it....... it's a way of life that just takes up a lot of space. Right?!
Old 03-12-2011, 03:45 AM
Vat

Start packing! !! You may want to put some fabric on the inside of the glass doors to keep your fabrics from fading.