Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Show me your first quilt >

Show me your first quilt

Show me your first quilt

Old 04-06-2009, 08:32 AM
k3n
Power Poster

That's sweet littlehud - Disney Princesses - my Lily would love it - probably a lot more than the pieced stars she ended up with that took me AGES! LOL!

K x
Old 04-06-2009, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
That is just beautiful Irish Heart - a first quilt? I'm not sure I'd attempt that now, after several years quilting! Hats off to you! :D

K x
I should have added that altho this was a 1st "real" quilt, I have many years of garment & other craft sewing besides wallhangins, etc using cheater panels. And mountains of clothing repair for friends & family. Scarystars is applique & pumpkin moon is cheater fabric.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-26273.jpe   attachment-26275.jpe  
Old 04-06-2009, 08:37 AM

Irish Heart: I love your baby quilt. It's so bright and cheerful and it looks like you did a wonderful job on it. I happen to be a lover of all the rounded pieces like the Drunkard's Path and melon shapes used in the Wedding Ring and a couple other patterns I've made. On these rounded edges you have to be careful NOT to stretch the fabrics and to mark AND PIN the center of the pieces being sewed together then carefully sew around it. Spray starching and Pressing as I go helps me with every quilt block I make but particularly with rounded pieces. Don't pass up an opportunity to try the blocks again or try new ones. The second try willb e much easier than your first and now you have a walking foot so you'll look like an expert on the next one...not that your work doesn't look like expert work already.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:39 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Clothing repair, Irish Heart? Shhh don't tell my DH - I tell him I don't do THAT kind of sewing! LOL

K x
Old 04-06-2009, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Feathers
Irish Heart: I love your baby quilt. It's so bright and cheerful and it looks like you did a wonderful job on it. I happen to be a lover of all the rounded pieces like the Drunkard's Path and melon shapes used in the Wedding Ring and a couple other patterns I've made. On these rounded edges you have to be careful NOT to stretch the fabrics and to mark AND PIN the center of the pieces being sewed together then carefully sew around it. Spray starching and Pressing as I go helps me with every quilt block I make but particularly with rounded pieces. Don't pass up an opportunity to try the blocks again or try new ones. The second try willb e much easier than your first and now you have a walking foot so you'll look like an expert on the next one...not that your work doesn't look like expert work already.
Oh yes, NOW & know about those valuable hints, but THEN I was a babe in the woods :!: Thanks for the reminder :)
Old 04-06-2009, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
Clothing repair, Irish Heart? Shhh don't tell my DH - I tell him I don't do THAT kind of sewing! LOL

K x
Of course it's our little secret :!:
Old 04-06-2009, 10:10 AM

I just finished this a couple of days ago! My first! It's the "yellow brick road" pattern. I don't know why the photo came out fuzzy-- it is clear on my camera. I hope I attached the photo correctly.

[img]
Old 04-06-2009, 10:13 AM

Okay -- the image didn't show up. I'm trying again.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-26262.jpe  
Old 04-06-2009, 02:16 PM

Irish Heart, I love it, great job!

Kyia
Old 04-06-2009, 02:17 PM

Lovely Little Hud!!

Kyia