Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Show me your first quilt >

Show me your first quilt

Show me your first quilt

Old 07-21-2009, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by justme
JoanneS wrote:
"Just Me - you MUST tell us the story behind your 1st quilt! It is SUCH a big contrast with your Avatar "

Joanne, I belong to the Gold Wing Road Riders Association, and the quilt was made for our very dear friends, who were the Chapter Directors at the time. They were stepping down and this quilt was made for the great direction they gave our chapter. It is a great representation of all the fun and friendships that we all shared together. This couple have been very close friends and an extension of our family.. We rode together, we played together, we quilted together, we shared family, grandchilden etc. (I think you get the picture). She was closer than a sister, and I lost her on December 26th quite suddenly. My Avatar is a tribute to her for we shared many hours with our heads together creating patterns, sewing, fondling our fabrics... when I saw this picture I knew it was meant to be. She is greatly missed daily, and this Avatar makes me smile to think I have been blessed with such a wonderful person to share life with. Even if is was to short of time...........

That's beautiful, Just Me. Thank you for sharing the memory with us. I'm glad you smile when you think of her - that's the best memory to have of a lost loved one, isn't it. I''m working on that - when I start to tear up about Mom, I TRY to remember all the great stuff she saw - from her 2 grandchildren and 2 or her 3 great grands to the first cars to the visible space lab instead of the things she's missing now.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:55 AM

Beauty works and fabulous colours. :thumbup:
Old 07-30-2009, 08:55 PM

Suzie's Christmas gift quilt is lovely. It looks similar to the Suduko quilt I just finished. I love your green and white sashings....they really set off the blocks. Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:58 PM

2Wheel: Your quilts are really nice...for a first attempt you sure did a maaaaaaavalous job. I love the echo quilting. Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:43 PM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Feathers
It looks similar to the Suduko quilt I just finished.
Hi Feathers - have you posted this? I wanted to make one for a friend who loves these puzzles so any tips or inspiration gratefully received! Thanks! :D