Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Snake River Log Cabin >

Snake River Log Cabin

Snake River Log Cabin

Old 07-26-2011, 11:17 AM

Row 5 and getting ready for row six. We are now doing a mirrow image of the snake. I manage to do six blocks a day, at a time, block them and put them on the board, then I start the other six and do at least 6 strips and then I quit.

I got an early start today and just finished these six and haven't started on the other six yet.

I have finished all the Perry Mason series on Netflix. I have been watching them a couple of weeks or so and have now switched to Sherlock Holmes who I love too. I am watching some that I haven seen before.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-231997.jpe   attachment-231998.jpe  
Old 07-26-2011, 01:53 PM

This quilt is not hard yukno? It's just sewing strips and strips and putting the blocks together ...
Old 07-27-2011, 10:22 AM

Row six and just two more to go and then it's on to the inner borders. There was never any boredom or tired of working on it feelings. Everyday, I wanted to work on it and I think the key is knowing when to quilt.

I would do six block and then the first six strips of the next set of six blocks, so the next day I only have 10 strips to go and they go fast as I have all my strips organized. I am watching Sherlock Holmes and I don't even know where the time goes.

I take breaks to do small things here and there, go outside with the dogs and sit a spell and watch all the lovely greenery and the sky and then I am refreshed again for the next stint of sewing.

I think putting it on the board and seeing the progress has a lot to do with my attitude toward all the sewing.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-232421.jpe  
Old 07-27-2011, 12:41 PM
Power Poster

Rosy, do you sleep?
Your quilt is growing and growing so rapidly!
It's impressive!
I love it!
Old 07-28-2011, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by Jammin' Jane
Rosy, do you sleep?
Your quilt is growing and growing so rapidly!
It's impressive!
I love it!

Lol Yes I do sleep. I will finish the quilt today and start the borders tomorrow. will post later.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:28 AM
Banned

It's looking great! If I had time I would start cutting and piecing one myself! Maybe during Christmas break! But I love yours..it is turning out very nice!
Old 07-28-2011, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by charismah
It's looking great! If I had time I would start cutting and piecing one myself! Maybe during Christmas break! But I love yours..it is turning out very nice!

Thanks Charismah, here are all the blocks done. the last row is laying on the floor so they are a bit crooked. I will start to sew the rows together now and see how far I get. I find that I don't have to move anyblock around as all the values seem to be ok as I put them and the color doesn matter...I have to say this is one of the easiest quilts to make really, no trouble at all.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-233125.jpe   attachment-233126.jpe  
Old 07-28-2011, 06:34 PM

I love your quilt block and I love your Rose Fairy!!! Keep goijng. Can't wait to see the finished product!!
Old 07-29-2011, 08:11 AM

I sewed the blocks and rows together last night, I just couldn't wait. I love the way this quilt turned out. I can actually see ripples of water, it's playing tricks with my eyes lol. I imagine the dark is the snake and the light is the river, imagination is funny lol.

I have errands to do today so I won't get back to sewing on the border until later this afternoon. So far I have sewed together 2,304 pieces. It seems like a lot but it doesn't feel that way. 48 blocks and 48 piece in each block.

Remember I said I have a limit of how much I cut at one time? It turned out that I had actually cut enough of the darks and still have some left over, who knew? I just had to cut very little more of the lights. The reds and the rose bud, I had to keep cutting as I ran out, there are a lot of those lol.

The border is going to be a piece of cake. I will do the inner border today for sure. It's just squares of light.

It was easy to put the blocks and rows together. Thank goodness for the board. I took down two blocks sewed them together and opened them up. I did the two more and kept adding to the row. Then I put the row back on the board and did the other row. I then sewed those two rows together and put them back on the board, so that made two rows sewed together.

I continued this way and then sewed the sets of two rows together and so on. I made sure to look at my chart to make sure I had them turned the right way. I did that every time I handled a row and there were no mistakes, thank goodness.....ok off to do errands
Attached Thumbnails attachment-233300.jpe   attachment-233301.jpe  
Old 07-29-2011, 09:14 PM

I have finished putting the inner border on just now. I have been gone all day but really wanted this step done.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-233570.jpe