Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Stretched BrotherPQ1500S

Had no idea this could be done; thought it was a joke and you just got a new machine. Wow; I'm impressed.

I wish someone out here on the West Coast did that -- that would REALLY make a big difference in quilting! Congratulations!

Didn't know that could be done, it is something to think about
    Doreen

Blog Entries
    After doing some research, I asked a local guy who does welding if he would be able to stretch a sewing machine. He said he'd never done so, but after looking at a tute, he said he didn't see any reason why he couldn't. He said he'd charge by the hour, but anticipated it would cost between $300-400. I imagine after he was done with it, it would need to go to the repair center to get it adjusted properly, which I assume would cost between $100-300 (this, I did not research, just thinking aloud).
    So, I figured I can stretch my old Singer for $400-700 (and since he's local, I wouldn't have to ship and I wouldn't have to wait long for it - maybe 2 weeks from start to finish?) from 7 inches to 19 inches. I would probably have to buy a new motor for her too, which would add another $100. I'm tempted, but can't afford it right now. And the Singer looks really nice, and fits in a nice cabinet, so I'm on the look out for a cheapie that can be mutilated. I haven't seen anything for less than what I'm selling Singer, tho!

I thought you were kidding, had to look at your pictures twice! Amazing!

Power Poster
    WOW! It just goes to show....you learn something new every day!!!!
    What a great concept!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2