Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stretched BrotherPQ1500S

Stretched BrotherPQ1500S

I just got my Brother back from having it Stretched by WOW Quilts... Rick did a great job. Here are some of the pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 06-23-2012 at 04:51 AM.

Before and After Pictures :-)

How much throat space do you have now? May I ask the cost of doing this? And the time it takes? I never realized that they would stretch your machine.

Quote Originally Posted by leatheflea View Post
    How much throat space do you have now? May I ask the cost of doing this? And the time it takes? I never realized that they would stretch your machine.
    I had no clue this could be done either... WOW ! I am intregried!

Blog Entries
    I'm so happy for you!

I had heard a couple of years ago that Rick was getting into doing the Juki/Brother machines. There was quite a waiting list at the time. I'm also curious as to leathefleas queries.
    Of course, it voids the warranty... but mine is out of warranty anyway.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T – is it True? H – is it Helpful? I – is it Inspiring? N – is it Necessary? K – is it Kind?

Blog Entries
    Looks good! Does she run the same? A person can make a table and use it as a sit down machine too, correct?
    Last edited by virtualbernie; 06-22-2012 at 06:59 PM.
    Bernie

Very interesting! Looks like it does a good job!

Wow! I wonder if he could do my Babylock. No? Oh, well. I'm doing pretty good with FMQ, as long as I don't try to follow a line. That's the pits!
    SittingPretty

Quote Originally Posted by leatheflea View Post
    There is 18.5 inches from the back of the machine to the needle. I really get about 15 inches clear quilting space. The cost may be different for each machine. I would just call them instead.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
    I'm so happy for you!

I had heard a couple of years ago that Rick was getting into doing the Juki/Brother machines. There was quite a waiting list at the time. I'm also curious as to leathefleas queries.
    Of course, it voids the warranty... but mine is out of warranty anyway.
    I bought my machine second hand ... so I didn't have a warranty. But I was still worried. She quilts wonderfully!

Blog Entries
    Well who knew this good be done...

I am amazed! Never thought you could do this!

WOW is right! This is something to keep in mind for the future! Great idea, so glad you shared your experience with us. The link to your your modifications is very helpful as well.

Blog Entries
    I am so bookmarking this thread. I would absolutely love to do this with mine!!!!! Where do I get the info to contact the person who did yours?

Blog Entries
    great job LOL

Blog Entries
    that is so interesting...I have a juki on a grace frame and really only get about 5" of space...I'll have to go into their web site and check....
    Retired and living in NE Michigan

Blog Entries
    i see that you use an iron keeper to keep your cords out of the way... what a wonderful idea!!! i've been having this issue on my frame and jerry-rigged a similar device with a string and stick... didn't work very well. i'll have to search for the iron keeper.

are your handles the same ones you used before the stretching? you mentioned on your blog about a homemade dead bar and the handles issue. what is a dead bar? is there a way to just tilt the handles more.... i'm just not understanding this issue. could you clarify it a little more, please. TIA
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T – is it True? H – is it Helpful? I – is it Inspiring? N – is it Necessary? K – is it Kind?

Cooooool! :d

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
    i see that you use an iron keeper to keep your cords out of the way... what a wonderful idea!!! i've been having this issue on my frame and jerry-rigged a similar device with a string and stick... didn't work very well. i'll have to search for the iron keeper.

are your handles the same ones you used before the stretching? you mentioned on your blog about a homemade dead bar and the handles issue. what is a dead bar? is there a way to just tilt the handles more.... i'm just not understanding this issue. could you clarify it a little more, please. TIA
    The one thing I hated about frame quilting was moving the take-up bar up as I was quilting. What a pain! The Dead Bar eliminates the constant height adjustment of the take-up bar. Basically....the bar closest to the bed of the machine is stationary and the one above advances the quilt.

Instead of using only one bar on the frame (take-up bar), you now use two under the throat of the machine. The “Dead Bar” doesn’t move up or down, its stationary. The take-up bar is moved several inches above the Dead Bar. The quilt standwich runs under the dead bar and gets attached to the take-up bar. The take-up bar will advance the quilt, but there is no longer a height adjustment. The height of the dead bar shouldn’t be that high off the bed of the machine. Once it’s adjusted to your “just right” height, you never have to move the take-up bar up and down again!!!

I haven't done any changes to the handles...............yet :-) I need to think of a way to extend the handles forward a bit...
    Last edited by Luv2sew4fun; 06-23-2012 at 05:34 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Luv2sew4fun View Post
    Instead of using only one bar on the frame (take-up bar), you now use two under the throat of the machine. The “Dead Bar” doesn’t move up or down, its stationary. The take-up bar is moved several inches above the Dead Bar. The quilt standwich runs under the dead bar and gets attached to the take-up bar. The take-up bar will advance the quilt, but there is no longer a height adjustment. The height of the dead bar shouldn’t be that high off the bed of the machine. Once it’s adjusted to your “just right” height, you never have to move the take-up bar up and down again!!! .
    Thanks so much for that wonderful explanation! And you are so right about hating to move the takeup bar up and down... a royal pia. I never seem to get that right, anyway. I'm going to have to take a look at my Hinterberg Stretch frame to see if I can do the same
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK

Blog Entries
    Wow! I am so impressed I'm bookmarking this thread! Have an awesome time quilting!
    Last edited by Crafty1; 06-23-2012 at 06:28 AM.

that is amazing ...
    There's only one true happiness in life ... to love and be loved )

Blog Entries
    Learn something new everyday from this site! Did not know that could be done. I'm impressed.
    Mavis

Blog Entries
    wow very cool

Congrats, enjoy!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast