Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Test driving my new toy this evening! (brother dreamweaver xe) >

Test driving my new toy this evening! (brother dreamweaver xe)

Test driving my new toy this evening! (brother dreamweaver xe)

Old 10-09-2012, 07:49 PM

I'm looking for a new or used machine (still). I just found out about the dreamweaver last night and was reading about it. Looks like a really nice machine, but I'm not sure if I want or need a embroidery machine. I'm sending you a PM...
Old 10-10-2012, 03:55 AM

Great job. I am constantly learning about different stabilizers. My suggestion is to go to Floriani's web site and read thier tutorial on the different ones and what you use them for. You can also go to emblibrary.com and they have some under Kenny's Corner. This is the best way to learn. I don't always go by what the maker of the design says. I'm doing alot of Halloween things on felt right now. The design co says use tear away and Viking says that if it isn't dense and mostly straight stitching you don't need any stabilizer. I had picked up water soluable from Joanns that is on the bolt which I like because I have some really big hoops and this covers it really well and is cheaper. I used my coupon and saved more. The water soluable worked great and it held the felt nicely. I had a friend who didn't use any and it did well except for when doing small designs. I read all the tutorials from all the sites and just did a class for Floriani and really learned alot there. What stabilizer would depend on the fabric but if you are using it for a doily I'd go with a double layer of water solubable so that it would hold up while stitching and the disolve away when done. Good luck and keep up the good work. Be Careful; it's addicting. My sister just told me she thought I was addicted; I told her that I knew I was but with all the things that I could be addicted to; its a good addiction
Old 10-10-2012, 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by slk350 View Post
I'm looking for a new or used machine (still). I just found out about the dreamweaver last night and was reading about it. Looks like a really nice machine, but I'm not sure if I want or need a embroidery machine. I'm sending you a PM...
Check with your Viking dealers; alot will be trading in theirs for the new Ruby Deluxe; it's great. I have a regular Ruby and will be trading mine in next week for a Diamond Delux; what a deal. I love my Ruby and have only had it for a ur but the Diamond D. is the best and our dealer brought back 3 "used" machines from Vikings convention. They are called used because its what was used that week at the convention but I'll be saving almost 4,000 on it and the extra's that I bought for my Ruby will fit it. I use my embroidery machine constantly and I'm now learning how to digitize so it's worth the investment. If I had time I'd sell my Ruby instead of trading it in but I had to act fast because 2 out of the 3 were sold within 15min of the email going out about them. I'd get a little more if I sold it since they have to make a profit when they resell it. Vikings are great machines and very user friendly. I take classes for both machine and software but have figured out so much on my own. Good luck with your search. Viking also has two new other machines out that aren't embroidery but great.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:21 AM

Looks goregous. Have fun with your new toy and learn lots. Enjoy.