Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Those wasteful ladies at my quilt group! >

Those wasteful ladies at my quilt group!

Those wasteful ladies at my quilt group!

Old 05-19-2009, 07:10 AM

I did the same thing at my quilt retreat this past April. Someone had thrown away about 8 4-patch blocks with flannel and chennille!! Grabbed those babies. Plus, TONS of scraps that were no smaller than 3 inches square and larger! Plus lots of strips for make my "clothesline" basket or small rug! I had no problem rooting through the trashcan - yes I got some wierd looks but not after what everyone saw I had salvaged!

Here's a happy dance for dumpster divers everywhere!
Old 05-19-2009, 07:21 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Wow Steph - send them to give my ladies a lesson in what to throw away! LOL

K x
Old 05-19-2009, 04:29 PM
Power Poster

There ya go! Good idea!
Old 05-19-2009, 04:40 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by k3n
Right now my favorite is Reisling. I only like white wine. Red wine gives me a HUGE headache, plus, I really don't like the taste
We'd make the perfect pair. :D I like the red but white does a number on my brain chemistry. (Something about dancing on the table with a lamp shade on the head - lol)
Old 05-19-2009, 04:43 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Originally Posted by k3n
Right now my favorite is Reisling. I only like white wine. Red wine gives me a HUGE headache, plus, I really don't like the taste
We'd make the perfect pair. :D I like the red but white does a number on my brain chemistry. (Something about dancing on the table with a lamp shade on the head - lol)

:lol: :lol: :lol: love the white, hate the red! Red makes me hug that porcelain bowl!

Ninnie
Old 05-19-2009, 06:00 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Originally Posted by Izy
:wink: I think EVERYONE Knows just how special you are my fabric angel :D :D :D
LOL
Aww...shucks...taint nuffin!
I just collect as I see things. When I find fabric that's a good price, I buy extra and share. Plus, the lady that cuts at Ben Franklins is VERY good at giving extra! Love it when she cuts. If I ask for a yard, I usually get about a yard and 1/2 :) :) So see? No so hard to share!
Elle is going to be over the moon when she opens her package that SHOULD be there by now!!
Just let me know what you are looking for and I can put it on my list of things to find. Just remember, it won't get to you until around the first of December. lol

K...that goes for you too! If you need anything, let me know!
Doggone...that's it, I'm moving to France, so i can be on the receiving end of your fabrics, Terri! ...but, wait a minute...my grandbabies are here...well, nothing, not even fabric, can make me move away from them, LOL! so, guess i'll have to miss out on the french ladies and their wasting too! man, I can't believe, they cut a pattern and toss the rest! yikes! I'd be dumpster diving too..hide and watch! :wink:
Old 05-19-2009, 10:32 PM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Oooh, Martina, I'm giving you WHITE - I wanna see that!

K x
Old 05-19-2009, 10:32 PM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Ninnie

:lol: :lol: :lol: love the white, hate the red! Red makes me hug that porcelain bowl!

Ninnie
You can have white Ninnie - I DON't wanna see that! :lol:

K x
Old 05-19-2009, 10:34 PM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy

I can't believe, they cut a pattern and toss the rest! yikes! I'd be dumpster diving too..hide and watch! :wink:
Got an image now of you hiding in a dumpster - little eyes (and big ears LOL) poking out the trash! Eyes going right and left, looking for approaching French ladies with fistfuls of scraps! :lol:

K x
Old 05-20-2009, 04:05 AM
Power Poster

pittsburgpam wrote:
I have a cardboard box in my sewing room that I toss anything over an inch or so into. I have another one that is for trash so I can just carry it down to the bin when it's full.

I'm thinking that some of those tiny scraps, little slivers even that are taken off when squaring, would probably make nice stuffing for something if they are all scredded into bits.
[/quote]

nothing goes to waste in my sewing room either. I have a big container by machine for scraps, and a bag tied to leg of table for all threads, and tiny bits, for stuffing things. You would be surprised how fast they can fill up. Also have containers, for larger pieces, all marked by size.
hmm, sure gotta work on my organization, don't I? I may be a bit of a nut, about being organized, and you would think it takes too much patience or time, but think of the time you'd save, if like me, when you want something, you know exactly where to look :wink:
not bragging, just sharing. If your a tosser...umm, I'm sorry...just don't tell me, lol...hurts my feelings to think of all those bunnies that gave their little cotton tails, so we could have fabric, and then they go to that huge...ah,...starting to get visuals...can't go there...la la la la la...
ok, i'm ok...it's alright...saving all the bunny tails I can :wink: