Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Three Old Quilts

Quote Originally Posted by jbsstrawberry
    Marcia!! You stood on the dresser? :shock: Well, hence forth I dub thee Marcia aka Quilting Cat Woman :D
    LOL :D Lisa--you are too funny!!!

I'll keep that in mind Marcia, I don't have any current plans for Alanta, but you never know like you say it's right across the state line, you never know what the future holds.

I'm sure your Grandmother is smiling, she knows what a great grandma you have become at least in part by her example.

I agree about the cat woman quilter, so nice of you to climb on furniture for us. Maybe you also need to make sure to add a real copy of that photograph to your photo album, that way the girls could see and remember the room just how you had it when they are older.

It's just awful about lossing one of your dear quilts to the movers. At least it was only the one that they ended up with. Not that it helps much. Perhaps it ended up in the hands of another child that will love it. Hey we can all dream can't we?

These are 3 beautiful quilts on beautiful beds. Your grandchildren are so lucky. I have 1 quilt made by my grandmother-it's a fan shape don in 30's fabrics. My DD sometime uses it on her bed. It was made to be used like yours are.

Marcia,
    What beautiful quilts. I had much the same situation only my grandmother left me just the tops. I quilted them and gave them to my grandchildren. They love and cherish them.

These are wonderful, it is wonderful that they are out where they can be seen and enjoyed. I can just imagine the little ones snuggled under them and full of giggles when they are supposed to be sleeping.

Thank you so much for sharing.

That is lovely! They look like they are in great shape for being made so long ago. What a wonderful comfy looking room for your girls. I bet they just love coming to visit.

Anne

That is just precisous! For some reason, it reminds me of my childhood and we never had quilts. Those have to be very special. Just wonderful. Glad you didn't break your neck taking the photo. I wondered if you were hanging from the ceiling, lol.

Love your "Granddaughters' Dorm Room"!! The quilts are absolutely fabulous! It's wonderful that you are really using them, as they were meant to be used too. It's a great tribute to your grandmother. :D:D

Special grandmother, of special granchildren, sleep under very special and beautiful quilts :D

WOW those are beautiful, Marcia. The details are incredible and you can tell that they were made with love. I adore the beds, too. What a fantastic room!!!

What beautiful quilts. Cherished for sure. Love the large bedroom. It's what I need for my large family. Enjoy.

ohhhhhhhhh it looks so nice I wish it wasn't a picture. I could get a good nights sleep under those beautiful quilts. What a lovely room for your grands.

Aren't you the lucky one. Love these heirlooms.

Blog Entries
    I am in awe of these beautiful quilts and your talent for putting these beauties in the same room and make them look as if they were designed for that purpose. Such memories to share!

Beautiful!!! These are defianately a great treasure to keep passing down

Blog Entries
    Ooooooohhhhh, its a little girls or big girls dream room. How blessed you must feel to have those gorgeous quilts. All the ooohhing and aaahhhing would make your grandmother proud I'm sure.When I saw the pics, they just took my breath away, the yellow just makes them so crisp and fresh looking and I could go on & on about the patterns & quilting on all three. I just keep going back to look at them, hope you don't mind , but, I bookmarked them.Thanks for sharing these treasures with us.

What treasures you have in those quilts.....and you created a lovely room for your grandaughters. How very special!

The quilts are lovely and what a great room for your GD's to have a sleep over in. You are a special Grandma.

these are great old quilts

WOW!! I know my DGD's would love to have a room like that at my house, but alas not big rooms here. Most of ALL I'd love to have those BEAUTIFUL quilts to put on the beds. You're truly blessed to have such HEIRLOOMS! The colors and quilting on them are AWESOME!!

What a sweet room to spend time in at Grandma's!

They are lovely!!

Great quilts, great beds, wonderful memories! :thumbup: :thumbup: :D

If I were to ever have GD's, I would wish for a room like this for them. Heck, I wanna sleep in that room. Very nice and what a special grandmother you are.

Blog Entries
    Truly lovely antique quilts and just a joy to know they are being enjoyed by the grandchildren!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast