Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Ugly Fabric Contest FINALE -- WINNERS ON PAGE 15 >

Ugly Fabric Contest FINALE -- WINNERS ON PAGE 15

Ugly Fabric Contest FINALE -- WINNERS ON PAGE 15

Old 07-11-2008, 07:25 PM
Power Poster

I like that idea too about swapping the uglies. Only problem, would the size matter? The ones I posted, are not very big, don't know if much could be made from it except for fussy cutting. (madagascar one)

I would NEVER send my hubby to get fabric for me. He can't even get what I write down at the grocery store! God only knows what he'd bring home; probably burlap! :lol:
Old 07-11-2008, 08:23 PM

You guys are so funny! Keep 'em coming!
Old 07-11-2008, 08:38 PM

I have got to check my stash. I can just picture the piece of fabric I want to post but got to dig it out. I think it could be a winner, for ugly. :lol: Update: (trying again) These are my entries for the contest. Be honest now don't you think they are winners? :shock: :lol:
Attached Thumbnails attachment-42803.jpe   attachment-45304.jpe  
Old 07-11-2008, 08:44 PM

Elizabeth A. I think your fabric is nice... To each their own I guess :)

I have a couple of UGLIES that I need to drag out. From bundles i have bought.

Old 07-11-2008, 11:04 PM

Thanks everyone for the comments on my ugly fabric quilt. It is a challenge to work with so many different fabrics that really don't go together. By making a piano keys border I was able to use some of each fabric and since I was working with small pieces it came out pretty well. I'll post a photo of my favorite quilt later under a different string.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:33 PM

Here are my entries!

Ugly cheater cloth.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]14656[/ATTACH]

More uglies.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]65864[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-14656.jpe   attachment-65859.jpe  
Old 07-12-2008, 12:03 AM

Ok lucky patsies mom, i have the flu today, and uhm, yup, i think looking at yours im gonna have to go barf!!! lol, seriously, you win
Old 07-12-2008, 01:53 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by mgshaw
This is really harder than I expected! I have a whole tote full of YUKs but going through them I kept finding some small redeeming quality in them, go figure!
I can absolutely relate to that. it becomes less of a problem if they're nice big pieces. just find other fabs that take the best advantage of those heretofore unseen redeeming qualities and create a top. but i'm stuck with some fat quarters ... i don't hate them enough to use for dishclothes; i don't like them enough to give away (wouldn't want anybody to think i'm taking advantage of a swap to unload uglies); i'm embarrassed to offer them for sale; but to spend more money buy fabs to use with them just doesn't make sense. so .... they sit in a drawer, waiting for fate and fortune to send them some friends - hopefully before i die and some poor shnook of an heir gets stuck with them. :lol:

what's worse, though, is to look at fabrics that i think are lovely, but (so far, anyway) unusable. i know i like them. in many cases, i even have coordinating fabs already picked out. the problem is ... how to cut into them without obliterating the beauty. the big, fat, gorgeous flower will disappear if i cut here ... the patch now belongs to a completely different color or value family if i cut there ... etc, etc, etc. too pretty to "waste" on the back. don't have the heart to cut it up for a front. AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

p.s. mg's and patsy's cheaters ... as they are now ... admittedly hideous. but both be transformed into loveable tops without too much effort.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by Barb M
Ok lucky patsies mom, i have the flu today, and uhm, yup, i think looking at yours im gonna have to go barf!!! lol, seriously, you win
Yup, so far Lucky Patsys Mom has the very UGLIEST. I shudder. . .
Old 07-12-2008, 01:56 AM

Haveing troble with my pis . probly have some Mon. so don't give up on me yet. I took some pis last night.