Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
We all have them and you know you do!! >

We all have them and you know you do!!

We all have them and you know you do!!

Old 08-16-2010, 06:57 AM

It's just like the old saying about one mans (or womans) trash is anothers treasure. What one of us thinks is ugly, someone else is gonna love it. I think it's pretty also, but I've got enough stray (not 100% cotton) fabric I need to part with. One day I will get it posted.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:04 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

You won't believe this but someone snatched this baby up. Not what I was expecting. I just wanted to show you all this ugly. Thank you all for looking at it.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
But are you willing to admit it!!! I am talking about that ugly piece of material that you have tucked or hidden in your stash. That one piece that is so ugly you won't use it but for some reason you can't throw it away or give it away. You know that piece that only God knows where it came from, as if your fabric's are mating and this is what happened. Are you willing to show it to me. I will show you mine.
This is a piece of knit material in blue and yellow. I would love to give it away but am afraid no one will want it either. The salvage says Wamsutta Knitting mills. I have no idea how old this is or where it came from because I don't like knit.
Here is mine now show me yours. I promise I won't laugh if you happen to like it. But be honest about it.
One man's trash is another mans treasure. I love that and it if weren't a knit I would send you my address LOL.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:11 AM
Power Poster

I may have to go thru my stash and see what other uglies (to me) that I can find.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:16 AM
Google Goddess

please put Gone or sold on it on the subject line, thanks
Old 08-16-2010, 07:20 AM
Power Poster

Crafty bear. I can't change the subject line here because this wasn't something I was trying to sell or even give away. That is why I posted it in the the picture section. Somebody taking it off my hands was just an unexpected surprise. I was just trying to start a topic for others to show what they considered to be thier uglies.

If admin or one of the moderators wants to delete this topic You will have my blessings. Thank you, Carrie
Old 08-16-2010, 07:31 AM
Power Poster

i am at work so can't show you right now but i have a piece i just handled yesturday...i hate it! i was afraid to join in the ugly swap with it because i was so sure i would win and have to get it back...i can not take a chance like that. i will snap a picture tonight to share it...it has a horrible baby-sh** gold background with circles with stars...oh, i can not describe it...it's horrible...but it is cotton. you shall see.............
Old 08-16-2010, 07:38 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ckcowl
i am at work so can't show you right now but i have a piece i just handled yesturday...i hate it! i was afraid to join in the ugly swap with it because i was so sure i would win and have to get it back...i can not take a chance like that. i will snap a picture tonight to share it...it has a horrible baby-sh** gold background with circles with stars...oh, i can not describe it...it's horrible...but it is cotton. you shall see.............
I can't wait to see it!!! I tried to put this in the ugly swap but it wasn't cotton.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by craftybear
please put Gone or sold on it on the subject line, thanks
I don't think she meant for this thread to be a sale. She wants us to show our 'UGLY' fabrics.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:27 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ckcowl
Actually, I think I might like it. How about putting it in the classifieds so we can get a chance at it?