Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
what should I do with this mess >

what should I do with this mess

what should I do with this mess

Old 03-14-2010, 05:29 PM
Power Poster

daisyboo, your being way to hard on yourself. She will love it! I do ;)
Old 03-14-2010, 05:41 PM

I think all of us experience bad days or moments. Just walk away and go back when you have calmed down. The quilts looks fine, I don't see anything wrong. Your neice will love it, I'm sure!
Old 03-14-2010, 06:57 PM

I don't see any mistakes. No one will notice it anyway. Turn your mistakes into a happy venture. Let your mistakes become your signature. Love your fabrics and the quilt is perfect for a little girl and your niece will love it!! :-) :-) :D
Old 03-14-2010, 08:00 PM

Your quilting is just beautiful! I personally believe that a little oops here and there makes it special. My husband made me a stained glass piece one day and I was so excited I dropped it and it cracked in one spot. He said he could "fix it". Later he showed it to me and he had just soldered the crack that I had created. He said...whenever I look at it I think of how much I love you. So the OOPS is very special. Your niece will love your very pretty (love the flowers!) quilt.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:07 PM

Hey there!! :D We are all quilter's together & have all suffered the very same problems. But the answer isn't throwing it away. Just put it aside, clear your mind & take a break. You will be surprised how much easier it will be to fix the small problems then, and you will feel WONDERFUL about it afterwards!! My Mom has always told me that & she is so right!! Your niece is going to be so proud of this lovely quilt.
(((((((Hugs))))))))
:D :D :D :D
Old 03-14-2010, 11:49 PM
k3n
Power Poster

I think that is gorgeous!
Old 03-15-2010, 06:59 AM

It's pretty. What's the problem?
Old 03-15-2010, 01:14 PM

Ok since you are so upset with it ....let me send my address so I can take it off your hands. Ha! I think it is stunning, wish I could do that good.
Beth
Old 03-15-2010, 01:26 PM

maybe I didn't take the pictures up close enough! The puckering is terrible, I had problems with the feed dogs so that the decorative stitches all have to picked out, and to make that worse, the stitches are so small, picking them out takes forever! I have to walk away from it for a while, if it has any chance of getting finished.

Oh and another problem I had was that I miscalculated my batting and backing measurements, so I have to piece more to one side.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by daisyboo9
Have you ever had a day where everything you do just turns into a mess, and then when you try to fix it, that doesn't turn out well either. I did this quilt as a little quickie for my nieces birthday, but I made one mistake after another turning the whole thing into ONE HUGE MESS! I have figured out where I went wrong and how to fix each problem....but right now I can't even look at the quilt and all I want to do this throw the thing in the garbage! ARGH!!!!....ok just neede to vent.
I don't think it looks bad. Just finish it. I bet, to your surprise, you'll be glad you did.

And, yes, I've had a lot of those days, when for every stitch I sew, I take two out. :wink: