Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
What is your Avatar about? >

What is your Avatar about?

What is your Avatar about?

Old 03-05-2011, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Treasureit
Originally Posted by Mary O
How many have held a hummingbird in their life time?Love those little Jewels....
Not me, but I can watch them for a long time!
Thought you would like to see this, about a humming bird - it's so cute!
http://www.wimp.com/babyhummingbird/
Old 03-05-2011, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Prettiptibbs
My avatar is a picture of Moose who insists on laying up on any quilt that is within reach.
I am surprised to see a picture of your "Moose"!! We have a "moose" at our house too, in form of our cat!!
Old 03-05-2011, 09:24 AM

My Card Trick quilt in my avatar is one I made for my sister. I gave it to her when she came to visit 2 years ago. She was so surprised and loved it.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:43 AM

Mine is of our 3 kitties, VooDoo, Tucker, and Nubby on a quilt my mother made for me back in the 70's. Haven't figured out how to change the pic to something else. When my Mom made the quilt she used cardboard templets and cut them out with scissors. It's a lone star and all of her points match up beautiful. It was only her 2nd or 3rd quilt but no one ever told her they were hard to do and she just jumped in and did it.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:56 AM

Mine is of the earrings made for the Christmas season. Not only do I sew, I also string beads for necklaces & braclets & earrings. Working on quilts & quilting, so somewhere in the future the earrings will be replaced with something else.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:59 AM

Beautiful quilt!..

My Avatar is my baby Miss Bella... she's "my" cat. She has to be where I am.. I go to the bathroom, she has to go with me, I do dishes, she sits on the stool by the bar and watches, I sew, she has to be laying on my ironing board, etc.. she's just my baby... I'd be so lost without her around.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by mpeters1200
Edited to add my avatar: Mine is also an Autism Awareness ribbon with the name of my son affected by Autism. He's 9. For a long time, he had no interest in quilting or anything but cars and trains. He's figured out his mom has issues with color, so now he takes trips to Joann's with me (we try to miss the crowds) and he'll tell me if something I picked up is really WRONG. I can't tell much difference between stuff that reads as a red, pink, orange, some of those reddy purples. He makes sure I don't clash.
It's so cool that he can help you with picking out fabric. I never thought about having Marcus do that, it might be fun. BTW, mpeters1200 let me 'borrow' her idea for my avatar.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Scrap Happy
Thought you would like to see this, about a humming bird - it's so cute!
http://www.wimp.com/babyhummingbird/
Oh, how precious!! Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:29 AM

My avatar is the crib sized quilt that I made when my youngest daughter was born last year. I didn't know if I was having a boy or a girl, so I used red and brown. It also helped my skill level with flying geese, since I had to make a lot of them for the quilt.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by MommaDorian
It's so cool that he can help you with picking out fabric. I never thought about having Marcus do that, it might be fun. BTW, mpeters1200 let me 'borrow' her idea for my avatar.
It depends on his mood. We went once and it was so crowded he didn't want to go back. Took me forever to get him to go again. He loves to paint, so many times I can get him a new paint brush or some paint by number things that we can't get at Walmart. Incentives are wonderful. It is much easier for him if I can take him and not his brothers with us. Seems to be too much of a distraction for him.

He has an amazing eye for color. Art is really his thing. He thinks sewing is for girls, so he doesn't really want much to do with the quilts, but he hates it when colors don't go together.